Media Players

I have an Ipod, so I use Itunes on my laptop for that. I think I'm using an older version that doesn't suck too bad. On my desktop I use an ancient version of WMP when I don't just listen to CDs in the stereo. I never upgrade anything. I don't think updates ever use fewer system resources, and this computer isn't getting any newer or getting upgraded any time soon.

I primarily use Winamp, but use iTunes for updating my iPod. I hope to get a Zune soon anyway, so I won't need iTunes at all soon.

I have 1201 albums (doesn't include 600+ owned IRL which I don't rip or have digital copies of) in Winamp and it's always fine.

You don't need to digest music when your only purpose in listening to it is being able to describe it as "meh" if it should ever become a topic of discussion on the internet.

Ever since I've started using iTunes, I don't think I'd ever go back to anything else. It does everything I'd want it to do, including converting music files if they're the wrong type for my playlist. I had to download additional programs to do that previously, and most of them didn't even work for the file types I needed.

You don't need to digest music when your only purpose in listening to it is being able to describe it as "meh" if it should ever become a topic of discussion on the internet.

Sometimes I also describe it as "awesome", I don't keep terrible stuff around though ;)

challenge_everything: I usually have a good bit of free time. Not as much anymore, but listening to music was practically the only thing I did with my time for years.