Megadeth / Fear Factory / Nonpoint

Th1rt3en is an excellent album.

If you're into that whole recycling old songs thing...then I guess it is.

Including Endgame? Wow.... For me that's easily their best since CTE. I can't even listen to Risk.....

Endgame was good, but I don't think I've listened to it since probably 2009. How The Story Ends is one of my favorite Megs songs, I'll give them that.

Ok, Endgame was very good. Still, I'd rank Risk higher than United Abominations, Thirteen and Super Collider combined.

I went to the show in Minneapolis last night. I have to say I was surprised: they put on a *fantastic* show. The band had a lot of energy and really played well. I was on the fence about going, but now I'm really glad I did. Everyone else I talked to after the show thought they were great.

The setlist in particular was perfect for me: all the standards, plus a few favorites I didn't expect (In My Darkest Hour; Set The World A Fire; Wake Up Dead; Trust). There were only 2-3 songs I didn't know and I'm assuming they were from newer albums (I haven't listened to anything since The System Has Failed).

They also had a giant video screen behind them that showed graphics specific to each song, as well as a bunch of clips from movies where Megadeth is mentioned, which was pretty funny.

This was the third time I've seen them (the others were sometime in the 90s and the Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth tour a few years ago) and this was by far the best of the three.

Minnesota got some special love - since Ellefson is from here - with Mustaine mentioning that several times and talking at length about how cold it is here.

I didn't see FF or Nonpoint.

However, I think megs will make megs look bad. They just suck now. Chris Broderick is technically great and all but he plays like a robot. Mustaine can't sing for shit anymore, not that he was ever the best "singer".

I had read this thread before the show so I was watching for this. I actually thought Chris Broderick was the most expressive of the group. He was all over the stage, working the people in the crowd wherever he went. Basically the opposite of a robot, at least last night.

And I thought Mustaine's voice sounded pretty much as it always has. An acquired taste, for sure, but I didn't hear any drop off.

Understood. Like I said, I've only seen them three times (and one of those times was when they played all of Rust In Peace), so I wouldn't know.

The guy I went to the show with is a much bigger fan than me (he has seen them many more times) and said he had never seen them play Trust before, so I assumed it was not a standard. My bad. Regardless, great show.

I've seen Megadeth live dozens of times. I've seen them perform trust a few times. The song lends itself to Dave's voice. You're review however is making me more inclined to go to the show.

I've seen Megadeth live dozens of times. I've seen them perform trust a few times. The song lends itself to Dave's voice. You're review however is making me more inclined to go to the show.

They sounded good on Gigantour a few months ago. Me and the three other people there really enjoyed it.:loco:

Seen the show last night. Missed about half of Nonpoint so no comment on them. Never seen them before. There was no volume problems at the Fillmore Detroit. Everything was plenty loud.

Seen Fear Factory for the first time. They seemed pretty interesting and decent enough. Good performance but they seemed rushed by 'Deth and was only given 40 minutes to play. So while I liked them—only felt like half of a performance. I would definitely go see them again especially at a club show or with them headlining. They had the crowd riled up and a circle pit was going for the second half of their performance.

Megadeth was OK last night but definitely not their best show. Everything was plenty loud but some instruments were louder than others and it sounded like I was missing parts of the songs for a while. Their setlist was similar to this one. The sound seemed to get a bit better after Tornado of Souls. A few songs later they actually stopped their performance and went back stage after Dave Mustaine complained about some equipment issues (this was well after it was sounding better anyway). After like 12 minutes they came back out and finished. Not sure what he had them do but it didn't sound any better to the audience but it could have been a stage monitor issue. They had three screens set up with flashing digital displays showing parts of music videos and live video shots of them playing.

So while they weren't terrible it wasn't a great performance. The show seemed very short and rushed. They should have let Fear Factory play longer. The place was empty compared to both the Slayer show I seen there a week and a half ago and the Clutch show there last Saturday. At the Clutch show they were selling tickets for only $10 for the this Megadeth show. Kind of irritates me since I paid $42 for the same performance. It felt like a cheap show in a lot of ways.

I just looked at the set list. Seems like a pretty generic set. I might not go now. Who knows? I'd have to get a hotel room. I always do when I go to shows at the venue they're playing at.

Fear Factory are very good live but let's be honest Burton C. Bell doesn't always pull off those clean vocals very well. Sometimes he makes you want to cut off your both ears at the same time.

I agree that his cleans aren't fantastic anymore, but they are such a fun band (especially live) that I really don't care. His barking vocals sound as good as ever, and that's what really matters to me. I saw them on their headline tour this past summer and I had a blast. I'll definitely be seeing them again (couldn't make it to the Megadeth tour). He only horribly botched two songs with his cleans, and considering how old he is and how long he's been doing that kind of vocals, it's not difficult to see why he can't sing so well anymore.

I'd definitely go and see them if they came here. Megadeth is coming to Prague in June, Metallica in July. I'll be at both shows, hopefully.