Megadeth live rig - Chris on AxeFx!

Why the crap is dave using digitech preamps? Really? Axe FX I can kinda see but dave is a marshall guy, how could he settle for digi?

Its about convenience. With the Digitec/Amp FX units, you can have all your amp/effect settings on instant recall in one unit. It simplifies things and makes it much less of a hassle for the techs and musicians when on tour.

A friend of mine is actually using the AxeFX right now. I am a tone purist, and I really am a tube amp guy. For years I have been fighting the good fight for tube amps vs digital modeling. But this AxeFX is impressive as hell man! Sounds amazing direct and live it works extremely well. I have to say I am actually GASing for one ....lol

I am also wondering if we can load up some of the re-cabinet impulses in this thing.

oh shit, its fred kowalo. i was wondering what that fucker was up to these days

Its about convenience. With the Digitec/Amp FX units, you can have all your amp/effect settings on instant recall in one unit. It simplifies things and makes it much less of a hassle for the techs and musicians when on tour.

Word.
And the Digitech GSP 1011 is honestly a pretty good sounding piece of equipment.