Megadeth No more...

I think it is rather sad that some people are attacking Mustaine the very day he has to dismantle megadeth. I can think of no other better thrash metal band, nor can I think of anyone that wrote better riffs, we all know Mustaine was a jackass at times and a alcholic and repeat drug abuser, and his last few albums were not that great( Cryptic Writings I thought was underated), still he wrote some awesome songs and at least give him respect just one day of the year.

Originally posted by Poison Godmachine
Like I said on the Nevermore boards, you could still go and see them live and see them play tons of old stuff! But not anymore....
sob....sob....sob....

Hey Nevermore's new stuff is awesome .. alot of people think that dead heart has a big nu-metal presence but really when you listen to the structure of the riffs and not just the way they sound you can realize the thick line between nu-metal and METAL

Man you people bashing Mustaine are fucking pathetic. Deth Slayer and Metallica made metal recognized! Weither you like Dave or not thats your opinon ,but christ a little respect would be great. Dave played/lived/and breathed metal for 20 years of his life now its been unfairly taken from him. Problems or not Dave Mustaine was an awesome fucking guitar player.

RUST IN PEACE OWNS ALL!

i know... jesus. you megadeth bashin people make me sick. have a little respect for christ sake. they did help the metal world out alot. they were a good band and if they arent anymore... so what! they have been around for like over 15 years so why dont you cut them some fuckin slack. its a sad day and all you have to do is bash megadeth. pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yes it is sad that people bash Dave/Megadeth and Metallica, hoping that they will break up. What do you care if they break up you don't like them anyway, you don't listen to their music so why do you care if they are making music or not. I don't go around hoping that the bands I don't like break up. It makes no difference to me.

Get over it...

Megadeth used to be good... and just like metallica, they have sucked major ass for over ten years...

It is crap when you say "Oh yeah, i love megadeth", and then some asshole says 'ooh yeah, risk is AWESOME, better than that 80's glam crap they were doing'... and then you kill him dead.

Megadeth died a long time ago, wether i have respect for their old stuff or not.

Sorry to hear they broke up, instead of getting some inspiration and coming back to their metal senses. Anyway, Dave's creative ideas had rusted years ago, since RIP (though I skipped CTE and haven't heard it yet). Countdown's over.

Best albums in my opinion are RIP and PS...BWB?.

I already got used to the idea of not seeing any of my favorite bands play live.

Really? Wow, man...sounds like he played himself to death. He messed up some tendons or something in his left arm? His riff maker hand? Well, you know his heart broke that day. I never met Mustaine. I just had a feeling he was a really nice guy. I saw them play live once. It was pretty strange how similar they sounded to their studio recordings.

I see some saying "Good!" and w/e. I wouldn’t wish that on any guitar player I don't care how bad I thought they were. If that were me and it was abruptly taken away...that'd hurt. The rest of the band has to be really jonesed. They've been playing together for like 20 years! What to do...what to do.

My favorites have always been Peace Sells and Rust In Peace.

Actually, only the two Daves have played together since the beginning. They were the only two remaining members from the original lineup so it wasn't really that bad for the other members I assume.

I also heard something else, which I hope isn't true so I won't bother spreading a rumor since it isn't confirmed.

I need to check out their older stuff. I have always heard the random song occasionally but never really checked out a full album. I will definitely stay away from any of their newer stuff judging by the few songs I've heard.