Megadeth - Rust In Peace Anniversary Tour

I saw the RiP tour in Indy. It was awesome. All 3 bands kicked butt. My only complaint as I had front row tickets (yes these were seats) and I actually went and stood in back, behind all the seats to hear RIP better as the stage sound itself was crap since we were in front of the PA. But all 3 bands slayed. I was amazed at how much money this show must have brought in. The T-shirt line was literally 100 people long from the moment I walked in the door until well after the show ended. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold over 1000 shirts.

I was at the same show, my seats were *under* the balcony and I thought the sound was terrible. Very muffled. It didn't help that the PA speakers were up on the wall and the balcony was blocking a majority of the sound. I was up on the balcony for most of Testament and both the sight line and sound were amazing up there. Wish I had gotten balcony seats. But - yes - all 3 bands were awesome.

I was at the same show, my seats were *under* the balcony and I thought the sound was terrible. Very muffled. It didn't help that the PA speakers were up on the wall and the balcony was blocking a majority of the sound. I was up on the balcony for most of Testament and both the sight line and sound were amazing up there. Wish I had gotten balcony seats. But - yes - all 3 bands were awesome.
Yes, thank you for confirming what I thought. I was under the balcony and I thought the sound was shitty. I didn't know when I bought the tix that the balcony hung over the lower section so far or I would have just gotten balcony.

And good lord the shirt lines WERE long! I said hell with it and bought an Exodus shirt, since their merch area was separate from the other two bands.

I went to the Skolnick show in St. Louis and got to talk to him for a bit afterward. He actually was telling some cool stories about how when they were recording Practice What You Preach the studio room next door was where they were re-mastering all the Coltrane albums. He seems to just love playing but I did get the impression his heart is that of a jazz musician. Rodrigo Y Gabriela actually did riffs from Holy Wars, Master Of Puppets and South of Heaven if I remember correctly. Overall that show was one of the best shows of guitar skill I have seen in a very long time.

I went to the Skolnick show in St. Louis and got to talk to him for a bit afterward. He actually was telling some cool stories about how when they were recording Practice What You Preach the studio room next door was where they were re-mastering all the Coltrane albums. He seems to just love playing but I did get the impression his heart is that of a jazz musician. Rodrigo Y Gabriela actually did riffs from Holy Wars, Master Of Puppets and South of Heaven if I remember correctly. Overall that show was one of the best shows of guitar skill I have seen in a very long time.

Nice! The one here sold out before I could get tickets :(
I had never heard of Rodrigo Y Gabriela and had no idea they were so popular.

Just saw the show last night in Atlanta.

Exodus was Exodus. They are very consistent, but I can't get into the singer. They did play War is My Sheppard though which was badass.

Testament: DAMN. Great, high-energy performance. I was very disappointed about Alex missing, but honestly,once the show kicked in you barely noticed. They played the old stuff off the Legacy like it was just written. Left out some heavy hitters in the set (no Practice What You Preach!) but a fantastic show.

Megadeth: Wow. This was my 7th time seeing Deth and it was one of my favorites. They just shred all kinds of ass. Dave's and Chris are just masters at the guitar and everything about the show is no-nonsense. Straight ahead metal. Included several other classics and I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of She-Wolf in the set.

HIGHLY recommended. Only complaint? Shirt prices are way to steep. Even the Testament shirts were $35. Can't do that, sorry.

Absolutely killer show on all fronts. Was disappointed with the Exodus setlist, the albums I really dug were Fabulous Disaster (got the title track and The Toxic Waltz which was cool) and Impact Is Imminent. I always like them better when they slow the stuff down a little and groove because their riffs are so killer. Testament killed it, Glen Drover did awesome, but The Legacy is my least fave of theirs, but when they broke out Souls Of Black, Into The Pit, and etc it was awesome. And Megadeth......hellz yeah. I couldn't believe they did deep cuts like She-Wolf or Trust, I figured for sure they'd do some more Endgame or UA songs, what a cool show. And great to see Ellefson back where he belongs. Love that band....

Oh yeah, shirts.....definitely expensive but that's how it is every time at the Tabernacle I think. I didn't get one, didn't like one enough to pay that for it. That's just me though.....