Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel Tour

I saw the first leg of the tour in San Diego...Death Angel have never done a ton for me, but are solid live. Testament were good, but I preferred their last headlining tour. Anthrax were honestly just bad...I went with a friend who's a big Anthrax fan, and he was incredibly disappointed. The sound was absolute mud and Joey sounded like shit.

I've heard a lot of positive reviews, so perhaps I just saw them on an off-night, but I honestly found Anthrax to be better with Dan Nelson in the band when I saw them opening for Maiden...

We seen the show a couple months back at the House of Blues in Orlando. Great show! It was like going back 25 years. All the bands were great, sound was awesome, and the pit was killer! I have always been a thrash fan, so this tour was perfect. We are going to see them again next month here in Tampa. Hopefully they change the sets up a bit.

Have a blast.

I saw the first leg of the tour in San Diego...Death Angel have never done a ton for me, but are solid live. Testament were good, but I preferred their last headlining tour. Anthrax were honestly just bad...I went with a friend who's a big Anthrax fan, and he was incredibly disappointed. The sound was absolute mud and Joey sounded like shit.

I've heard a lot of positive reviews, so perhaps I just saw them on an off-night, but I honestly found Anthrax to be better with Dan Nelson in the band when I saw them opening for Maiden...

Dude, that sucks! To be honest, I wasn't aware that Thrax opened for Maiden during the short Dan Nelson run. I bet that was interesting to say the least.

We seen the show a couple months back at the House of Blues in Orlando. Great show! It was like going back 25 years. All the bands were great, sound was awesome, and the pit was killer! I have always been a thrash fan, so this tour was perfect. We are going to see them again next month here in Tampa. Hopefully they change the sets up a bit.

Have a blast.

Ron, that sounds cool! I've watched some festival footage from the summer time and the band looked tight to me. This will be my third time seeing Testament, oddly enough, but I've never been able to see the Anthrax boys.

~Brian~

Have a blast.

I was at the Orlando show - killer... don't miss it.

Here's our "review" of the show... don't read if you don't like seeing advanced set lists.

Anthrax / Testament / Death Angel

What a good day of metal. Not only did we get to see the best lineup of the year, we got to listen to the new Megadeth album that just released that same day on the way to the show. \m/

Perfect timing? That’s us. As soon as we found a spot situated above the sound board in the House of Blues, the lights went out and Death Angel took the stage. Loud, tight and relentless (pun intended). It was our first time seeing Death Angel live and I believe I speak for all of us when I say we could have used some more. I will do my best not to miss them next time they come through town. They played 7 songs and not one off of Frolic Through The Park, which was our only complaint.

Death Angel set list
I Chose The Sky
Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution (here’s that pun)
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown To The Wolves

Now most of us have seen Testament at least once, myself this was #4 and, in my opinion, by far the best performance of them all. Chuck seemed in great spirits, always smiling, jamming the air guitar and tossing pics out to the crowd throughout the set. The addition of Gene Hoglan on drums was very nice. Their set was very comprehensive and only skipped over the Demonic and Low albums. The highlights of the set for me were hearing Envy Life, Over The Wall and D.N.R.

Testament set list
The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won’t Forget
Envy Life
Over The Wall
Souls Of Black
Into The Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Than Meets The Eye
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
Disciples Of The Watch

Anthrax. I saw them last year on the American Carnage tour and they played about as long as Death Angel did on this tour and I was pissed. I’m glad I got to see them in full headliner form again after so many years, and again with Joey on the mic. Like I’ve said before, they haven’t lost a step or an edge. Everyone brought their “A” game. There was fun to be had, mistakes were made with smiles on faces, glasses were fixed and there were yellow shirts in the circle pit. What more could you ask for? Their new album is my top choice for album of the year so far. In The End, to me, was the absolute stand out song of the set. My other favorites that night were Be All, End All, Earth On Hell, I’m Alive and Efilnikufesin.

Anthrax set list
Worship (intro)
Earth On Hell
Fight Em Til You Can’t
Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Anti-social
I’m Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In The End
Got The Time
Be All, End All
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

Have a blast.

Same here... I saw the show near Orlando in November, will probably go to the Tampa show next month as well, since it's very close by, and the last one was great.

I want to go to Asheville but it's on a Monday night and 3 hours away... :erk:

You must be on the coast! I'm driving to Charlotte in March to the Iced Earth/Symphony X show.

I was at the Orlando show - killer... don't miss it.

Here's our "review" of the show... don't read if you don't like seeing advanced set lists.

Anthrax / Testament / Death Angel

What a good day of metal. Not only did we get to see the best lineup of the year, we got to listen to the new Megadeth album that just released that same day on the way to the show. m/

Perfect timing? That’s us. As soon as we found a spot situated above the sound board in the House of Blues, the lights went out and Death Angel took the stage. Loud, tight and relentless (pun intended). It was our first time seeing Death Angel live and I believe I speak for all of us when I say we could have used some more. I will do my best not to miss them next time they come through town. They played 7 songs and not one off of Frolic Through The Park, which was our only complaint.

Death Angel set list
I Chose The Sky
Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution (here’s that pun)
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown To The Wolves

Now most of us have seen Testament at least once, myself this was #4 and, in my opinion, by far the best performance of them all. Chuck seemed in great spirits, always smiling, jamming the air guitar and tossing pics out to the crowd throughout the set. The addition of Gene Hoglan on drums was very nice. Their set was very comprehensive and only skipped over the Demonic and Low albums. The highlights of the set for me were hearing Envy Life, Over The Wall and D.N.R.

Testament set list
The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won’t Forget
Envy Life
Over The Wall
Souls Of Black
Into The Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Than Meets The Eye
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
Disciples Of The Watch

Anthrax. I saw them last year on the American Carnage tour and they played about as long as Death Angel did on this tour and I was pissed. I’m glad I got to see them in full headliner form again after so many years, and again with Joey on the mic. Like I’ve said before, they haven’t lost a step or an edge. Everyone brought their “A” game. There was fun to be had, mistakes were made with smiles on faces, glasses were fixed and there were yellow shirts in the circle pit. What more could you ask for? Their new album is my top choice for album of the year so far. In The End, to me, was the absolute stand out song of the set. My other favorites that night were Be All, End All, Earth On Hell, I’m Alive and Efilnikufesin.

Anthrax set list
Worship (intro)
Earth On Hell
Fight Em Til You Can’t
Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Anti-social
I’m Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In The End
Got The Time
Be All, End All
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am The Law

It's a shame that Testament doesn't at least include one cut from Low!

~Brian~

Here's my review from the Anthrax UM forum from the first leg of the tour in Minneapolis. Go see them - it's worth it. Joey's voice still sounds great.

Quick Minneapolis review (just got home at 3am and have to be up in 4 hours for work): setlist was the same as Chicago + Got The Time (so Grand Rapids setlist + Among The Living + Got The Time). Venue, which holds about 1800, was pretty full (maybe 1500). Tons of technical problems setting up Charlie's kit. Band was scheduled to go on at 10:15 but was 20-30 minutes late due to technical problems.

Band was on fire. Joey sounded good and everyone seemed very high energy. The crowd was really into it, with tons of moshing on the mainfloor - I was second level. Scott gave Joey extensive grief about the Vikings getting whupped tonight. I didn't see any of Death Angel or Testament. Got to meet the entire band after the show. As an online poker player myself, I had a nice long conversation with Scott about poker. People I talked to liked the setlist of lots of classics + 5 new songs. Aside from wanting a longer show (obviously), it was a great night :headbang:

I went to this tour a couple months ago, and have seen both 'thrax & Testament many times before, and I can definitely say it's worth hitting this tour up. I'd never managed to catch DA in the past, but they made up for it that night.

I am in High Point/Greensboro area. I will also be in Charlotte for Iced Earth/Symphony X (only 80 minutes away).

I'm in Johnson City, TN, so Asheville is only a 50 minute drive for me. With that said, Charlotte is a good 3 hours away.

Easily their best album for me.

A little bummed that Belly of the Beast isn't on the setlist for Anthrax.

Low isn't my favorite, but shouldn't be ignored completely. I feel like The Gathering is a stronger album than Low though.

~Brian~