Anthrax, Testament, Death Angel: Tour Dates Revealed

Debating the wisdom of going to a late Tuesday night gig in Buffalo (purely on an impact-on-my-work basis). What are the odds that they'll play Syracuse or Rochester the previous weekend? (Yeah, right.)

Anyone still on the fence on this tour...I highly recommend seeing it-- all 3 bands sound and look incredible-- lots of energy all-around. I was particularly surprised by Anthrax-- hadn't seen them since 91 or 92, and wasn't sold yet on Worship Music-- but that has changed since their Saturday night show in Charlotte...

Death Angel and Testament's sets haven't changed since the earlier spoilers-- both were as I've seen them posted-- but don't be expecting all of "The Ultra-Violence" song from Death Angel-- they did all of about 1 minute of it before "Thrown To the Wolves".

Death Angel

I Chose the Sky
Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence (well, 1 minute of it...)
Thrown to the Wolves

Twice Mark Oseguda made the mistake of referring to the crowd as "Raliegh" instead of Charlotte-- after the second time the crowd started chanting "Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte" and some of the DA guys were chuckling. They did let Mark know and he recovered well and apologized, etc.

At the end of the set he also said, "I know I'm not going to live this down, I now know I'm in CHARLOTTE, so I'd like you to say 'Fuck You, Matt!'" which the crowd obliged. He then said, "Thank you, Charlotte, and by the way, my name is Mark" and left the stage with a huge grin. Definitely a good comeback...

Testament ruled, as expected-- great sound and Gene Hoglan again just crushed the drums. I'd love to see whose head weighs more, his or Billy's-- both just gargantuan melons...

Testament

The Preacher
The New Order
The Persecuted Won't Forget
Envy Life
Over the Wall
Souls of Black
Into the Pit
Electric Crown
Henchmen Ride
More Than Meets the Eye
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness
Disciples of the Watch

Anthrax was easily the biggest surprise for me-- I wasn't really set on seeing them, haven't really been enamored with the new album, and, well, just haven't been much of a fan for the last couple decades-- but I was completely surprised at their sound, energy, power-- I'd totally recommend this show to any thrash fan, or any metal fan in general. Belladonna was also geographically impaired, too, and referenced being in South Carolina a few times, though Scott did try and correct him.

They've also changed up their set, but just a wee bit. Gone is "Only" and a couple order shifts/additions. And 3 covers...

Anthrax

Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Got the Time
N.F.L.

Encore:
Among the Living
Madhouse
Metal Thrashing Mad
Refuse/Resist
I Am The Law

I'll be seeing this show in Philly on Thursday. I'm most looking forward to Anthrax as I really enjoy the new album and am thrilled to hear Joey behind the mic. I figured that I had better see them now before any infighting causes another split in the band. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but I wouldn't bet my life on it.... BTW, all 3 bands rule.

Anyone still on the fence on this tour...

I was there in Charlotte as well. It was an excellent show. I hadn't seen Anthrax since '93, and I was pleasantly surprised by their set. I thought it slowed a little in the middle, but they finished strong.

The place was packed. Sure it was Saturday night, but there seemed to be lots of people that also hadn't seen Antrhrax in years. Lots of video being filmed as they got on stage.

What a good day of metal. Not only did we get to see the best lineup of the year, we got to listen to the new Megadeth album that just released that same day on the way to the show. \m/

Perfect timing? That’s us. As soon as we found a spot situated above the sound board in the House of Blues, the lights went out and Death Angel took the stage. Loud, tight and relentless (pun intended). It was our first time seeing Death Angel live and I believe I speak for all of us when I say we could have used some more. I will do my best not to miss them next time they come through town. They played 7 songs and not one off of Frolic Through The Park, which was our only complaint.

Death Angel set list
  1. I Chose The Sky
  2. Evil Priest
  3. Claws In So Deep
  4. Relentless Revolution (here’s that pun)
  5. Seemingly Endless Time
  6. The Ultra-Violence
  7. Thrown To The Wolves
Now most of us have seen Testament at least once, myself this was #4 and, in my opinion, by far the best performance of them all. Chuck seemed in great spirits, always smiling, jamming the air guitar and tossing pics out to the crowd throughout the set. The addition of Gene Hoglan on drums was very nice. Their set was very comprehensive and only skipped over the Demonic and Low albums. The highlights of the set for me were hearing Envy Life, Over The Wall and D.N.R.

Testament set list
  1. The Preacher
  2. The New Order
  3. The Persecuted Won’t Forget
  4. Envy Life
  5. Over The Wall
  6. Souls Of Black
  7. Into The Pit
  8. Electric Crown
  9. Henchmen Ride
  10. More Than Meets The Eye
  11. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
  12. Disciples Of The Watch
Anthrax. I saw them last year on the American Carnage tour and they played about as long as Death Angel did on this tour and I was pissed. I’m glad I got to see them in full headliner form again after so many years, and again with Joey on the mic. Like I’ve said before, they haven’t lost a step or an edge. Everyone brought their “A” game. There was fun to be had, mistakes were made with smiles on faces, glasses were fixed and there were yellow shirts in the circle pit. What more could you ask for? Their new album is my top choice for album of the year so far. In The End, to me, was the absolute stand out song of the set. My other favorites that night were Be All, End All, Earth On Hell, I’m Alive and Efilnikufesin.

Anthrax set list
  1. Worship (intro)
  2. Earth On Hell
  3. Fight Em Til You Can’t
  4. Caught In A Mosh
  5. Madhouse
  6. Anti-social
  7. I’m Alive
  8. The Devil You Know
  9. Indians
  10. In The End
  11. Got The Time