Megaforce '85 Reel?

SacrifyX

Aug 14, 2003
AR
I know I haven't been on here in forever, but I'm hoping someone can help me track something down.
On this youtube video at around 0:55 seconds there's a clip of Anthrax playing A.I.R.:

I have only heard about this being from a rare 1985 Megaforce promotional reel type thing, but I have never actually seen the entire reel.

I have a lot of early Anthrax footage on TV shows, random stuff like Charlie on MTV's Remote Control, Anthrax on the Dr. Ruth show: unfortunately that's incomplete but I have about 10 minutes of it - wish I had the whole thing. Anthrax on Pure Rock Japan from 1987 - Probably the funniest thing I own, the band is being interviewed by puppets and the 'schoolboy' puppet asks Charlie what the band does in their spare time, and Charlie replies 'Talk to puppets', you can hear Frankie whisper 'Be nice'. It's hilarious.
Plus tons of Headbangers Ball episodes, including the one where the band trashes the contest winner's house! I've got European metal shows with Anthrax like Tele5's Hard N' Heavy, the UK Power Hour special with Anthrax, Scott hosting VH1's Rock Show with special guest Ozzy, and Scott is dressed like Gene Simmons in full paint and everything, plus countless episodes of Scott hosting VH1's Rock Show, he hosted quite a few episodes, and much more.
I've tried to upload some of the stuff I have on youtube, most of it gets removed due to copyright B.S.

But I can't find this reel anywhere. Only one guy I used to trade with back decades ago said he saw the full reel, and he said it had some other bands that were on the Megaforce label on it. He was looking for a copy of it too though, desperately. That was on his top 10 most wanted list.

Does anyone have any idea where someone might find this full thing? Or what the exact date of it is?
I know it took me decades to track down everything I have, a lot of it I recorded myself on VHS when I was a kid, like the VH1 Rock Show stuff. This seems like something that was only given to TV stations, apparently MTV has a copy, or had a copy anyway. They are useless now.
I wish the band would release some of this old archive footage someday, but I doubt it will ever happen due to all the red tape.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen that clip before but not the whole thing. When I was a kid I too recorded so much on VHS and I've been able to put quite a bit on youtube without it being taken down...when I put up the skit they did on Jay Leno I just put "late night talk show" in the title instead of Tonight Show and it never got removed and I never put MTV in the title of any of the videos, I think that helped because they're still up. When I was younger I wanted to collect every video and magazine article with them but now with youtube there are literally hundreds of hours of stuff that I've never seen so I've gotten away from it. It's definitely not as fun as it was when I was a kid and when I got excited to get the new Metal Edge at the grocery store cause they were on the cover.

I know I haven't been on here in forever, but I'm hoping someone can help me track something down.
On this youtube video at around 0:55 seconds there's a clip of Anthrax playing A.I.R.:

I have only heard about this being from a rare 1985 Megaforce promotional reel type thing, but I have never actually seen the entire reel.

I have a lot of early Anthrax footage on TV shows, random stuff like Charlie on MTV's Remote Control, Anthrax on the Dr. Ruth show: unfortunately that's incomplete but I have about 10 minutes of it - wish I had the whole thing. Anthrax on Pure Rock Japan from 1987 - Probably the funniest thing I own, the band is being interviewed by puppets and the 'schoolboy' puppet asks Charlie what the band does in their spare time, and Charlie replies 'Talk to puppets', you can hear Frankie whisper 'Be nice'. It's hilarious.
Plus tons of Headbangers Ball episodes, including the one where the band trashes the contest winner's house! I've got European metal shows with Anthrax like Tele5's Hard N' Heavy, the UK Power Hour special with Anthrax, Scott hosting VH1's Rock Show with special guest Ozzy, and Scott is dressed like Gene Simmons in full paint and everything, plus countless episodes of Scott hosting VH1's Rock Show, he hosted quite a few episodes, and much more.
I've tried to upload some of the stuff I have on youtube, most of it gets removed due to copyright B.S.

But I can't find this reel anywhere. Only one guy I used to trade with back decades ago said he saw the full reel, and he said it had some other bands that were on the Megaforce label on it. He was looking for a copy of it too though, desperately. That was on his top 10 most wanted list.

Does anyone have any idea where someone might find this full thing? Or what the exact date of it is?
I know it took me decades to track down everything I have, a lot of it I recorded myself on VHS when I was a kid, like the VH1 Rock Show stuff. This seems like something that was only given to TV stations, apparently MTV has a copy, or had a copy anyway. They are useless now.
I wish the band would release some of this old archive footage someday, but I doubt it will ever happen due to all the red tape.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could ask on the official fan club forum

I could ask on the official fan club forum

Yes please! I have had everyone I know look for this. I gave up hope for years until I saw this video on youtube proving it actually exists, and it made me want to try to find it again.

I have seen that clip before but not the whole thing. When I was a kid I too recorded so much on VHS and I've been able to put quite a bit on youtube without it being taken down...when I put up the skit they did on Jay Leno I just put "late night talk show" in the title instead of Tonight Show and it never got removed and I never put MTV in the title of any of the videos, I think that helped because they're still up. When I was younger I wanted to collect every video and magazine article with them but now with youtube there are literally hundreds of hours of stuff that I've never seen so I've gotten away from it. It's definitely not as fun as it was when I was a kid and when I got excited to get the new Metal Edge at the grocery store cause they were on the cover.

I have tried to upload a couple talk shows and they get pulled almost immediately. I have the full Morton Downey Jr. show with Scott and Ace Frehley, and the band Circus Of Power plays a couple songs on the show too. That got pulled, and other people have pieces of the show up. No idea why mine got pulled.
I uploaded this, it's just the intro/beginning of the show:

I like physical copies, that's my problem. Youtube videos are way too compressed. They compress the life out of all their regular DVD (480p) size video files. I wish there was a way to download the original video files from videos off youtube, but I'm sure that would violate some legal copyright laws or whatever. I know Vimeo has the option to download original video files (if you have Pro), but very few people even use Vimeo.
I like to record my own stuff in the highest quality, I recorded all of the VH1 shows that included Scott, not just Supergroup, but all of those 'I Love The 80's' type shows too, and the 'Top Not So Metal Moments' shows. Just shows how much of a fanboy I am. Scott was on a ton of shows around 2001-2007.
And I always tried to record everything in XP Mode (1-Hour Mode) with my DVD Recorder. All the Supergroup episodes I have are all on separate discs with each aftershow that aired on VH1 Classic during the same time. I was really hoping that Supergroup would get an official DVD release because that show 'The Surreal Life' got one, although it was an Australian release.

I just gave up trying to upload a lot of stuff on youtube after getting so many strikes and copyright warnings. It's really annoying trying to upload something that takes 4 or 5 hours to upload, then it gets removed after just a couple hours.
I hope someone can find out something about this whole reel. I wasn't sure that it was even real for many years, my friend who told me about it never had any proof. He just said 'It's out there somewhere'.