MELECHESH - Sphynx

I'm going to bust out ye olde headphones for the second listen, probably tonight sometime. :)

Kept posted, you shall be. Updated, you will become!

This topic reminds me of how I "won" this CD at the metal observer...it never came, and after reading this review I am a bit more disappointed about that. I guess I have to pay for it now if it's really good :Spin:

JayKeeley said:
MELECHESH are what you might get if you were to throw DECAPITATED and AETERNUS out in the desert, only to seal them in a tomb together with ORPHANED LAND, mummify the whole mess of ugly offspring into one big fuck off band aid, and release this bastard curse a thousand years later...
Since I haven't given this CD a spin yet, I can't comment on the accuracy of this comparison. Regardless, it's one the best descriptions of a band's sound that I've ever read.

Zod

OK I already uploaded it, but I can just upload that one song if you like.

Zod - have you motherfucking listened to fucking goddamn "Apkallu Counsel" yet?? Holy shit, crank that bitch to 11 and watch your balls shrink in delight!

ABSU is very similar IMO to MELECHESH.

Never got into ABSU, but this sounds a little more refined. Are they? Absu was a little too all over the place for my tastes.

JK .. can you send me or upload Apkallu Counsel somewhere ???

and i just realized that I DID hear them before ... duh.

so what is the lineup on this new disc? their website is lacking this info