Best Death Metal of 2006

what do you mean, "a loader"? is that like a trailer? did you still have to physically touch and move the dead cow yourself or just bulldoze it all the way across the property? either way it's :lol:

Damn city slickers!

843_loader_416721.jpg

I have to say that Zyklon 'Disentigrate' is a very overlooked DM album this year. It's easily the band's best release.

I could barely finish listening to this (force of will) all the way through. The second time I tried I got to about song 3. Maybe I'll revisit it at some point.

How anyone can say Reinkaos is a "bad" album in its own right is beyond me. Is it better than The Somberlain or SotLB? No, but are those the benchmark? All I know is that Reinkaos is better than 70% of the other shit I'm hearing these days. Reinkaos reminds me of modern day Kreator, which is a good thing.

I avoided this because of all the bashing I saw and I'm afraid it may have a "metallica" affect on me where the modern crap ruins the old stuff for me to some extent. Took 2 years to recover from Metallicrap so I could enjoy the classics again.

edit: someone post a sample from the new Krisiun, they're coming to town sometime soon I think.

regarding reinakos, im basing my opinion entirely based on maha kali. c'mon people it was shit. a cleaned up, modern day, over melodic, in flamed, cosmicrap dissection

In the context of the album, it works much better. That's not to say it's not one of the worst tracks on Reinkaos, but the point remains.

Hey yeah so Reinkaos isn't really that bad really, that one song about dragons is really good like.

OK, so I made a couple of compilations with some of the finest death metal tracks of 2006. Some of these tracks are/have been available for download on the bands' websites, others have been available on MySpace, and pretty much all of the songs/bands are so obscure that I seriously doubt that this comp is going to cause said bands any harm.

Volume I can be downloaded here.

Tracklist:

Vorkreist - Great Order Of Sterile Lunacy (evil black/death)
Aeternus - The Darkest Of Minds
Heinous Killings - Possessed To Kill (novelty brutality, with the sickest vocals in the business)
Resurrected - Seducer Of Mankind
Lecherous Nocturne - The Divine Wind (featuring Dallas from Nile on drums)
Saprogenic - Trepanation
Deamon - Praying Headless (possibly track of the year)
General Surgery - Arterial Spray Obsession
Unmerciful - Mass Execution
Drawn And Quartered - The Throne Of Desolation (Befouling The Scriptures) (Immolation meets Incantation. Crushing, mid-paced DM)
Corphagy - Ascension
Dominion - Temple Of Insects
Sinister - The Riot Crossfire
Benighted - Ransack The World
Yyrkoon - The Book (trendy DM that a lot of the RC regulars will enjoy, no doubt)
Degrade - Degraded Into Worms Mk. 2
Abominator - Blasphemous Embellishment (for fans of ANGEL CORPSE and good music)

OK, so I made a couple of compilations with some of the finest death metal tracks of 2006. Some of these tracks are/have been available for download on the bands' websites, others have been available on MySpace, and pretty much all of the songs/bands are so obscure that I seriously doubt that this comp is going to cause said bands any harm.

Well why not; I'm downloading. Last christmas you introduced me to Altered Genesis which I still listen to, and perhaps you've got something nice in your sack this year as well

Heinous Killings - Possessed To Kill (novelty brutality, with the sickest vocals in the business)

:lol: ... what the heck is going on on this track ... sounds like some farm animal singing ... but this track got my attention.

Yyrkoon - The Book (trendy DM that a lot of the RC regulars will enjoy, no doubt)

you're right ... this is pretty catchy pedestrian stuff but executed well

Benighted - Ransack The World

I liked this one, DM mixed with hardocre touches ... never really heard it mixed at this intense level.