Best Death Metal of 2006

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
So far, I've been impressed with:

CATTLE DECAPITATION -- never heard these guys before, but this at least sounds different, which is good

MELECHESH -- no question, although not as good as Sphynx, but you know, what is

DEICIDE -- surprisingly good, but of course most people will dismiss it. Oh well.

The new Unleashed and Bolt Thrower are cool too.

lol

I get back to this thread in a couple of minutes when I think of any DM I've heard this year...

Archgoat - Whore Of Bethlehem
Ares Kingdom - Return To Dust
Cianide - Ashes To Dust (compilation)
Deathevokation - Blood
Desultory - From Beyond The Visions Of Death (compilation)
Dismember - The God That Never Was
Funerot - Invasion From The Death Dimension
Horrid - Rising From The Hidden Spheres
Infinitum Obscure - Internal Dark Force
Massive Assault - Conflict
Morbosidad - Legiones Bestiales
Nominon - Remnants Of A Diabolical History (compilation)
Slugathor - Circle Of Death
Throneum - Decade of Necrostuprumical Madness (compilation)

Abominator - The Eternal Conflagration
Abysmal Torment - Epoch Of Methodic Carnage
Aeternus - HexAeon
Benighted - Identisick
Bleeding Display - Ways To End
Bloodthorn - Genocide
Carnivore Disprosopus - Madhouse's Macabre Acts
Deamon - Descend Dethrone
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption
Disparaged - Blood Source
Dominion - Born God And Aware
Drawn And Quartered - Hail Infernal Darkness
Exhumed/Ingrowing - Something Sickened This Way Comes/To Clone And Enforce
General Surgery - Left Hand Pathology
Ghoul - Splatterthrash
Grotesque Formation - Basement Decompositions
Guttural Secrete - Reek Of Pubescent Despoilment
Heinous Killings - Hung With Barbwire
Incantation - Primordial Domination
Lecherous Nocturne - Adoration Of The Blade
Lust Of Decay - Purity Through Dismemberment
Necrophobic - Hrimthursum
Resection - Zenith
Resurrected - Endless Sea Of Loss
Saprogenic - Ichneumonid
Septycal Gorge - Growing Seeds Of Decay
Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead
Suffocation - Suffocation
Unmerciful/Corphagy/Worms Inside/Infected Malignity - 4 way split
Unmerciful - Unmercifully Beaten
Vader - Impressions In Blood
Viral Load - Backwoods Bludgeoning
Vorkreist - Sublimation XXIX A

Samples on demand. And no, that is not a list of all the DM releases I've heard this year, it's a list of the DM releases I've heard that I actually enjoy.

I don't think I've heard any of this years DM releases, not even Amon Amarth's new one. But that I will remedy in time, and it will likely also be the only one to get my attention :|

All though I guess it wouldnt hurt to check out Bolt Thrower and Dismember's new stuff.

only ones ive heard:

aeternus - hexaeon
amon amarth - wooos
necrophobic - hrimthursum

all are enjoyable, especially necro and aa

Anata - The Conductor's Departure (one of the top 5)
Deicide - The Stench of Redemption
Unleashed - Midvinterblot
Melechesh - Emisarries
Incantation - Primordial Domination
Suffocation
Zyklon - Disintegrate
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Necrophobic - Hrimthursum
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign

Henrikmain ... what happenned with the comp of all this stuff you were going to post?

I've yet to hear most of those ...

Correction: the best (and perhaps only, though I'm not sure) death metal album I've heard this year is Dissection's Reinkaos. It really is damn good; great melodies, riffs, lyrics (yes they are) etc. I know Jayk posted some positive comment about the album somwhere, but that's the only thing I can remember from anyone on this board.

As has been said before, that album is Dissection anno 2006, not 1996, which is pretty logical. And apart from nostalgia and a disappointment with them not releasing SotLM pt. 2, I don't really see why this is so loathed. Sure, some people simply wont like it, as with som many other albums, but it does not deserve all the bashing it has recieved here and in other places. Besides, I talked to a guy who claimed to have known Jon and he said that the massive dislike for the album was one of the reasons for Jon's suicide. Hence: YOU KILLED JON YOU BASTARDS!1)/! :cry: :sad: :cry:

The album is fucking fantastic. There's no way Jon could have disliked it after the amount of effort he put into it.

I highly doubt he'd have taken that much heed to the negative feedback. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Henrikmain ... what happenned with the comp of all this stuff you were going to post?

I've yet to hear most of those ...

Deron wasn't cool with the mp3 compilations that several users posted in the General Music Discussion forum, so I thought there was no point to create a comp only to have the links removed from the forum. I don't know what Deron's stance on the comps is at the moment, though.

How anyone can say Reinkaos is a "bad" album in its own right is beyond me. Is it better than The Somberlain or SotLB? No, but are those the benchmark? All I know is that Reinkaos is better than 70% of the other shit I'm hearing these days. Reinkaos reminds me of modern day Kreator, which is a good thing.