Mellotron or Porcelain

• Mellotron Heart

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Porcelain Heart

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
it's simple: porcy heart isn't a good song, mello heart has mellotrons which rule.

You know, the more I hear it, the more I'd agree. It's the weekest song on the album. But, I do love the video. Honestly, I prefer the video edit to the album version. I think Opeth forced PH to be longer than it needed to be, and that's its biggest problem.

Porcelain Heart is one of the worst songs they've ever done. If it wasn't for the lullaby part in the middle than it would be the worse song they've ever done. I can't say which one I like better though.. meh its a tie.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Porcelain Heart much (except acoustic bit!!) so I scoured the net for Mellotronen heart. Which I have to say is even worse.

So Porcelain gets my vote.

Porcelain Heart is one of the worst songs they've ever done. If it wasn't for the lullaby part in the middle than it would be the worse song they've ever done. I can't say which one I like better though.. meh its a tie.

I agree 100%... the part in the middle is beautiful, but the rest is simply boring filler. The song just doesn't go anywhere, and it would simply be boring to hear live.

You know, the more I hear it, the more I'd agree. It's the weekest song on the album. But, I do love the video. Honestly, I prefer the video edit to the album version. I think Opeth forced PH to be longer than it needed to be, and that's its biggest problem.

i think it's biggest problem is that it recycled that awful riff from the grand conjuration. as others have said, if it wasn't for the mellow acoustic bit, it would easily be the worst opeth song.

PH for me. Although it is my least favorite on WS. It's not a bad song, but I just don't think it's really up to Opeth standards. It's too..........normal(?). Just not as eventful as Opeth songs are known to be. But I'm not picking neither.

MH is one of those "listen to it once in a while" novelty type songs. It's very experimental, which is a good thing, but that's about all it is.

PH is too common and MH is very different, but in a listening contest, I think I'd rather hear PH.

Alrighty then!

That's it, a little too dragged out. But still, it's not a bad song. As far as Opeth standards go, it's mediocre.