Mellotron Heart..

Brave.Archangel

Inside the City of Glass
According to Mikes latest myspace blog, he recorded a version of Porcelain Heart with "mellotrons and moogs"... He said Roadrunner printed a few thousand copies and he's not sure which website you have to order the album to get it... I'm anxious to hear the song but wonder how it can be obtained

I preordered the package-with-everything pretty soon after the bulletin about it went out on myspace (as in within a few minutes I think), so hopefully I will be getting a copy of it. I'm sure it will show up somewhere...

I'd definitely like to get ahold of this. Unfortunately, the package with the Mellotron Heart bonus CD is no longer available. Why can't these stupid record labels just put the same shit on everything? I mean, some albums have different bonus tracks in different countries and different bonus discs and all that crap. It's just fekkin' low the way labels rip people off, and then turn around and complain that they're losing money. What hypocrites! Just put all the bonus tracks on one package available everywhere! How hard could that be?

The Japanese thing is because in Japan CDs are expensive, so they want to give Japanese people an incentive to buy CDs at home rather than importing them from abroad - for the sake of their economy. I agree that bonus tracks do nothing to prevent people from downloading - if anything it encourages people to download tracks they can't get hold of - but I think the reason they do it is to get people buying the album the day it comes out (which is why they harp on about 'limited editions'), or to guarantee a certain amount of pre-orders.

But why only limit it to one fucking homepage? I preorderd it as soon as I could from a swedish site but why the fuck should I not be able to get the fucking single? Im just pissed that The End gets these damn extra stuff, I dont want to support a bunch of dicks and even more I dont want to order a damn CD from USA.

well the end is opeths OFFICIAL north american distributor, hence them getting the best exclusive, its limited to only 300 sopies and i got one :lol: i can't wait to have my hands on that shit

Surprised it took this long for there to be a thread about it. I kept thinking it was just a misprint for Derelict Herds or something like that.

This may be old news, but it was news to me.

I found this image on my local record store's homepage.
homeBanner2.gif

It looks like the print run was closer to thousands than 300.