Melodeath Recommendations?

Thanks for the recommends guys. I actually got that Into Eternity album Nuno posted last night which prompted me to start this thread, and from this thread I went and snagged the Nightrage - Insidious disc and Darkane - Expanding Senses (for 8 bucks new - gotta search around town for deals sometimes). I'll definitely be checking out all of your suggestions! :)

Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows (best MDM album released this year, shame no mentions yet)

Callenish Circle (R.I.P.) - Sweet Cyanide

This Ending - Parasites (formerly "A Canorous Quintet" who remained underground during the Sweedish MDM boom of the early 90's. Features the Amon Amarth drummer).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0t9qqhb0xA&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Skyfire - Shadow Creator

Quo Vadis - Silence Calls the Storm (technical MDM)

Mercenary - Supremacy v2.0 (more power metal influenced, but the whole '11 Dreams' album is a masterpiece)

Hypocrisy - No Tomorrow

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Tears of Autumn Rain

Degradead - Taste of Destiny (very modern sounding)

Arsis - The Face of My Innocence (A Celebration of Guilt album is a classic)

Last edited by a moderator:

This band is fucking tough:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPeElb27tj4&feature=fvsr[/ame]

this is a newer band i just heard of last week, I was pretty impressed compared to alot of the stuff that is coming out today

another band from a couple of years ago that went nowhere lol

also as stated, Everything Kalmah touches. Norther is okay too. Darkane is cool but like real thrashy. Carcass, All arch enemy, Disarmonia Mundi had the singer from Soilwork so the stuff with him is pretty cool,

Unfortunately I'll be 'That guy' as well-My Band-Through Plagues

loads of ATG influence on this track.

the 'crowd favourite'

As Eden Burns-This band has gone splits ville but check em out

The End of Six Thousand Years-One of the best bands I've ever heard. they blend a lot of other influences into their sound which is amazing but still plenty of tasty melodeath riffs

One of my favorite "American" Melodic Death Bands - The Absence

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCyQ7MAZ[/ame]

Sorry for thread resurrection but i'm in a melodeath binge right now so i'm chiming in :

-+1 for omnium gatherum, nightrage and gardenian

-some of my favs :

exhumation (former band of the dude from nightrage):

sins of omission :

gardenian : their best song IMO :

and last but not least, surprised no one posted this :

in flames ("colony" era) :

EDIT : all those songs i heard on magazine cd samplers (compilation cds i mean) back in the days when i was like 10-13 and reading metal magazines like a madman :) (been a metal nerd for more like 18 years or so now... do we end up with a degree or something ? :) )... god i miss those days...

it was also the first time i was introduced to those bands and to this genre and those songs were the best openers i could ask for at this time

Torchbearer! Seems no one has heard of them. Also, search rateyourmusic.com for melodeath lists, found plenty of great stuff to listen to through that site :)

Torchbearer! Seems no one has heard of them. Also, search rateyourmusic.com for melodeath lists, found plenty of great stuff to listen to through that site :)

I know the name but for some reason i always thought there something more difficult to get into (like post/progressive metal) than melodeath... (maybe i'm mixing it up with the band that has the Neurosis dude in it, with a similar name).