Melodic Black Metal

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
fotmbm may find this thread title disturbing. :tickled:

Anyway, I was listening to Naglfar's "Diabolical" driving in the car this morning, and I really liked it. I've only heard "Sheol" and that was cool too, and I have Ex Infernis laying about somewhere.

So I'm pretty sure I like Naglfar. Would they be considered "melodic black metal"? Either way, I like 'em.

That is all.

Yeah, that's what they're considered. I heard Diabolical a loooooooong time ago. Wasn't good enough for me.

They're most certainly a tier-2 band, just because there's nothing original about them, but what they do, they do very well.

The other MBM band I heard was Catamenia. The Finnish and their pop keyboards... :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
fotmbm may find this thread title disturbing. :tickled:

Anyway, I was listening to Naglfar's "Diabolical" driving in the car this morning, and I really liked it. I've only heard "Sheol" and that was cool too, and I have Ex Infernis laying about somewhere.

So I'm pretty sure I like Naglfar. Would they be considered "melodic black metal"? Either way, I like 'em.

That is all.

Ahhh... melodic black metal, among my favorite genres, I don't care how un"troo" the genre is considered. Naglfar pretty much rules, I have Vittra as well which is every bit as good.

Naglfar are Disseciton n°2 so I wouldn't call them melodic black metal , maybe melodic black/death (see the subtle eh? ) or dark-metal (depending on how people classify)

DUH :cool:

I sold my Sheol copy but I am vengeance = :kickass:

For me MBM (ahahahah "mbm" .yeah ok..) seems like an other name for heavy/black based on guitars (otherwise some would say , SYMHPHOHPHNICIic!)

as far as real melodic black metal goes, Sacramentum, Dissection, and Dawn are the only ones that hold my attention.

Melodic Black Metal that is TRUE TO THE TERM is a very beautiful thing that is incredibly difficult to pull off successfully. An example of this would be Dawn, perhaps. Nowadays, a lot of people refer to to Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir to be melodic BM- so if that is the case, than fuck off to melodic black metal indeed...

JayKeeley said:
"Symphonic" is generally related with keyboards and shit - I don't hear that in Naglfar.

"...seems like an other name for heavy/black based on guitars (otherwise a.k.a based on keys , some would say SYMPHONIC)"

:loco:

However , Obtained Enslavement is a symphonic-bm band based on guitars :D

Btw , yousendits of this awesome band are coming.

Naglfar call themselves death metal fwiw

Current Naglfar bassist played drums in Lethal for about 2 rehearsal and does backing vocals on the forthcoming 7" am I KOOL now or smth

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EPFR8SQVHG6A19RY1ATCA3K0T

You don't get better than that.Seriously.

EDIT n°2: It works . If you don't download it you're gay . If you don't like it , well ok .. but this is a complete achivement of real (and not crappy) symphonic black-metal.Let's go back in 1995 and give them the Dimmu Borgir orchestra DAMN! :yell: (Feat. Pest of Gorgoroth)

JayKeeley said:

That is all.

Oh yes, Diabolical is indeed awesome though I would recomend listening to it using headphones since most speakers can't handle it. I love how the double bass is constantly pummeling like mad in the background giving the riffs even more momentum on top of the great vocal delivery of Jens Rydén. :kickass:
In fact, it's one of my favourite albums, though I don't listen to it that often.

Vittra is less aggressive, more epic and almost as good, I think you'd probably enjoy that one more than Diabolical. Ex infernis can be skipped without missing anything, it only has one new song which is not very memorable.

Sheol used to be one of my favorite albums, for like a year, a long time ago.. I'd listen to it nonstop. Great Driving Music.

So if that is indeed melodic black metal, maybe I'd enjoy hearing more from this genre.