Melodic Black Metal

can Diabolical Masquerade be considered melodic black metal? it's black metal and it's melodic. anyway, I enjoy the band's first three albums. however, that "soundtrack" thing is dumb. :Smug:

Hi guys, I just wanted to pop in and say that 1349's cover of "Buried By Time And Dust" quite possibly is the fastest and most intense song delivery ever. It's not melodic, in fact it's harsh and ice cold, but this song is so good that you'd be silly not to hear it. And I thought Keep Of Kalessin's cover of the same song was intense.. Wow. WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J. said:
can Diabolical Masquerade be considered melodic black metal? it's black metal and it's melodic. anyway, I enjoy the band's first three albums. however, that "soundtrack" thing is dumb. :Smug:

You fail once again J. ;)

I like M-A's cat of the band. Avant Garde BM

Diabolical Masquerade are certainly BM*, it's as plain as day.

I like Dissection. Any other melodic black metal I have (little) I don't care to listen to any longer.

*Boring Metal

To be fair I've only heard the ST*, and it was quite boring the half-spin I gave it before it became a permanent fixture on my shelf.

Naglfar has album covers that are so kickass I still am curious about them, but figure I won't dig them. I'd totally listen to an mp3 if someone posted one though, wink wink nudge nudge.

*Soundtrack Thingy

One Inch Man said:
To be fair I've only heard the ST*, and it was quite boring the half-spin I gave it before it became a permanent fixture on my shelf.

*Soundtrack Thingy

Judgement can't be laid down on an album intil 3-5 listens have been made.

rose2.jpg

One Inch Man said:

hey, hold on. weren't you the one that made the thread about not judging an album until you actually heard the entire thing? :err::tickled:

Besides, you heard their worst album. But you still wouldn't like 'em, since you hate most black metal anyways.

J. said:
hey, hold on. weren't you the one that made the thread about not judging an album until you actually heard the entire thing? :err::tickled:
I think that thread was more don't judge a band until you've actually heard them, some of you do that frequently. :Spin:

I was taking a dig at the BM thing, I thought it was funny. I can't even remember what they sound like so my opinion is worthless anyhow. It's Blakkheim from Katatonia and... some other dude right? Might be worth revisiting some day, but yeah I'm pretty spent on new-to-me black metal these days.

Thanks Erik, will listen later as it's time for me to head to the pub as soon as this Mars Volta song is over. :kickass:

Seeling their souls to an unknow force
Painting their faces with cum!
If the Devil is some kind of god
KILL HIM!!!!!!!!

Brutal Death Metal rules
Fuck off the melodic black metal

Fuck off: Cradle e of Filth! Kovenantt!
Emperor! Dimmu Borgir ! Tyrant!!

Selling Satan like another capitalism's product
Corrupting the essence of brutal music!!!
Remember what Warrior said:
Only Death is real!!!

Yeah, I had to.
I also like 1349 as well as lots of well executed black metal with a sense of melody

Marksveld said:
Melodic Black Metal that is TRUE TO THE TERM is a very beautiful thing that is incredibly difficult to pull off successfully. An example of this would be Dawn, perhaps. Nowadays, a lot of people refer to to Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir to be melodic BM- so if that is the case, than fuck off to melodic black metal indeed...

I always skip the genre argument concerning Cradle of Filth and Dimmu. I place them both in the vast genre i call shit. Maybe shitcore? Hell, to add further definition... Stuffthatkidsbuytorebelagainsttheirparentswithcore.

*edit*

I do understand how completely redundant this post is. Then again, what Dimmu/Cradle post isnt?