Melodic Black Metal

Astriaal does nothing for me either , originality 0 , and their songs bore me . Next one please :D

Erik said:
I did a review of the latest album for RC, gave it a 6.5, and I'm thinking I might have been a tad generous. It's competently played, but UTTERLY FUCKING FORGETTABLE. I don't know why people feel the need to release stuff like this.

They split up, you need not bother to take time out of your busy schedule to write generous reviews any longer.

For me though, they are still an amazing band, regardless of the completely obvious lack of originality.

Crimson Death said:
Dev wins once again!

Carnal Lust \m/

Hehe a good one too ;)

My fav. song of them is Voice From a Starless Domain with one of the most awesome break/passage I've ever heard @ 3.54

General Zod said:
Of all the musical conversations/debates that go on in this forum, none are a bigger waste of time than those over which genre a band fits in.

Zod

Agreed.

The new Naglfar album? "Pariah"? One listen in....

KICKING. MY. ASS.

Just at the top of their game...."...YOUR EMPIRES ARE FALLEN..." :kickass:

And as per norm, absolutely nothing original about them either. :Smug:

A few points here... I enjoy listening to Naglfar, they're fun, but I find they get old fairly quickly for me.

As far as genre classifications, I have no use for them, other thant he broad terms. Classic Rock, Black Metal, Death Metal, Comedy and Fecal Matter. Most bands cross the sub genre's so many times it doesn't matter.

And now for a deviation from the thread... can anyone recommend some good bands/albums with a sound similar to early Satyricon's sound? (Shadowthrone/Nemesis Divina). I really like the way they sound but I'm severely lacking in some fresh material... anyone got some ideas?

If you can find it you might want to check out Kvist For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike. It kind of reminds me of Nemesis Divina at moments. They totally fucking rule(d).

One Inch Man said:
Gonna dust off that Omnium Gatherum tonight then? :loco:

unoriginal + good > unoriginal + boring :loco:

Hey, don't you have the latest OG for review?

Seasons are affecting my listening tastes. Naglfar and Slayer are working wonders these days...in 2 months, I'll probably put them away again for another year.

Naglfar eh? I only have Vittra, and it's kinda got annoyingly shitty drum production, and bores me. I know they got more aggressive after that... shall I seek out more? I've heard a couple of tracks off Ex Infernis, Diabolical and Sheol...any ideas?

Demilich said:
Naglfar eh? I only have Vittra, and it's kinda got annoyingly shitty drum production, and bores me. I know they got more aggressive after that... shall I seek out more? I've heard a couple of tracks off Ex Infernis, Diabolical and Sheol...any ideas?

I really couldn't give you specific track names right now, just because I'm going through all their stuff in that "ooh look what I just discovered" mode. Once I've picked out some faves, I'll post some samples. I do know that the second track on the new release ("Swarm of Plagues") is really good.

I think Erik posted a sample in this thread too btw....

Dawn, Dissection, Naglfar, Destroyer 666, Slayer -- all seem to fit the weather these days, heh. :cool:

Demilich said:

This is what you need; Horncrowned Majesty from the awesome Diabolical album. If you for some strange reason don't like it, don't bother with the album (and also you're clueless and has bad taste in music etc ;))

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22MTMQ3SIQEBH0XN4725EVZO0S