Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Holy Moses
Children Of Bodom
Soilwork
Gardenian
etc.

Huge fan of Soilwork, they are one of my favorite bands but the latest album Sworn to a Great Divide is just okay and sub par from Soilwork standards. That can probably be attributed to the departure of Peter Wichers but you have to move on, hopefully they can regain some of his creativeness on the next album.

Also dig COB alot. Check out Mnemic,Disarmonia Mundi, Beyond the Embrace, Old Man's Child and the great Scar Symmetry!!!

Bear

Huge fan of Soilwork, they are one of my favorite bands but the latest album Sworn to a Great Divide is just okay and sub par from Soilwork standards. That can probably be attributed to the departure of Peter Wichers but you have to move on, hopefully they can regain some of his creativeness on the next album.

Also dig COB alot. Check out Mnemic,Beyond the Embrace, Old Man's Child and the great Scar Symmetry!!!

Bear
Thanks, dude! I like OMC from what I've heard of them and a song or 2 from Mnemic. I really like this genre of metal! Can't wait to see IF and COB as part of Gigantour this year!:worship:rock::kickass:

I think Crematory have phased in and out of this category as well. Check out the album Act Seven, it has a mix of clean and death vocals and is very catchy.

I loved the In Flames up through Colony and Clayman, Soilwork through up through Natural Born Chaos, and Children of Bodom through Hate Crew Deathroll, but I think they all went down hill and don't care for any of their material after those. Arch Enemy is about the only one I still like ok, but I like the pre-Angela material best.

Anybody into this scene? I am!
Bands such as the following, and many more:

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Holy Moses
Children Of Bodom
Soilwork
etc.

1999 called... it wants its thread back. :lol:

just kidding... This genre was pretty cool a while back, but it sucks that most of the bands that got it going turned metalcore. Long Live Dark Tranquillity!

just kidding... This genre was pretty cool a while back, but it sucks that most of the bands that got it going turned metalcore. Long Live Dark Tranquillity!
:lol: Good point, dude. DT is my favorite of all these bands.:headbang:

This band doesnt quite fit the scandy euro melodic death genre but i'll mention them anyway because i've been listening a bit lately. Nocturnus-pretty technical death metal with keys and pretty insane shreddy guitars. Me likey! Not sure what their 3rd album was like, but i listen to their first 2-the key and thresholds.

"Melodeath" is one of my favorite genres. :)

I loved the In Flames up through Colony and Clayman, Soilwork through up through Natural Born Chaos, and Children of Bodom through Hate Crew Deathroll, but I think they all went down hill and don't care for any of their material after those. Arch Enemy is about the only one I still like ok, but I like the pre-Angela material best.

I agree with most of this, although I like AA even with Angela. Good live show, too!

Dark Tranquillity and Scar Symmetry are currently my favorite bands of the Gothenburg melodeath style.

I'm not sure if Old Man's Child would be melodeath, but they're a bit less symphonic-death than Dimmu Borgir; I like both a lot. For OM'sC, my fave CD is In Defiance of Existence.

Haha holy crap, that's the same thing I was thinking!

CoB are my favorite band, though I wouldn't exactly call them Melodeath. But, that's a subject that is argued to death across the web, so I'm not going to start an argument here.

Dark Tranquillity is easily one of the best melodeath bands around, either today or when all the aforementioned bands that turned metalcore were still melodeath. They also put on one HELL of a show. When I saw them on Metal for the Masses last March, after the opening song Terminus, Mikael asked how many of us were familiar with it (since Fiction hadn't come out yet). When a bunch of us raised our hands, he laughed and called us "Goddamn Pirates". One of the coolest, charismatic, and talented frontmen these days. Phenomenal band.

Dark Tranquillity & Trail of Tears are my favorite in this genre. some other ones to also check out...
Godgory
Asgaard (I may be wrong on this one,but the few songs I've heard were melodic)
Hearse
Hatesphere (early albums)
Immortal Souls
Shade Empire
Quo Vadis

I'll add more to the list of melodic death/black metal later. Hope this helps for now!

Anybody into this scene? I am!
Bands such as the following, and many more:

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Holy Moses
Children Of Bodom
Soilwork
etc.

Hellyeah! In Flames have always been my favorite band in the world since 1998. Dark Tranquillity gave the best concert I have ever been to.

I've seen all these bands live a couple of times...

Dark Tranquillity (2004, twice in 2006)
In Flames (2000, 2002, 2006)
Arch Enemy (2003, 2006, 2007)
Holy Moses (2001)
Children Of Bodom (2001, 2006)
Soilwork (2003)

DT is best live IMO. They were all awesome except Soilwork. (couldn't hear Bjorn sing due to mic problems)

I've already purchased this year's Gigantour ticket, but haven't decided yet for Soilwork supporting Throwdown :(

Arch Enemy and In Flames are amazing live(even though In Flames cleans weren't great), and so is Bodom, but Soilwork blows them all away live, they just blow my mind everytime. Mnemic is #1 on my list to see live, passenger is amazing. For fans of Scar Symmetry, check out Miseration, to me they are even heavier than SS and has mainly growls for those people out there who for some reason only like growls/screams.