Melodic Death Metal

Definitely. Anything Swano touches is amazing.

öööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööö

Swanö!

These dots are, very unfortunately for me, not optional. It's a completely different letter without them, might as well spell the name Swane or Swani.

Hellyeah! In Flames have always been my favorite band in the world since 1998. Dark Tranquillity gave the best concert I have ever been to.

I've seen all these bands live a couple of times...

Dark Tranquillity (2004, twice in 2006)
In Flames (2000, 2002, 2006)
Arch Enemy (2003, 2006, 2007)
Holy Moses (2001)
Children Of Bodom (2001, 2006)
Soilwork (2003)

DT is best live IMO. They were all awesome except Soilwork. (couldn't hear Bjorn sing due to mic problems)

I've already purchased this year's Gigantour ticket, but haven't decided yet for Soilwork supporting Throwdown :(
DT ruled when I saw them open for NILE in ATL. Can't wait to see IF and COB at Gigantour! I love AE with Angela on vox! Their live DVD was killer!:headbang:

Anybody into this scene? I am!
Bands such as the following, and many more:

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Holy Moses
Children Of Bodom
Soilwork
etc.

Dark Tranquillity is one of my all-time favorite bands, Haven and Projector are my fav albums from them.

Arch Enemy, they've had their ups and downs but overall I think they are amazing, and no one can touch Michael Amott as far as melodic leads is concerned.

In Flames, loved them to death until Reroute to Remain, after that, well, the less said the better.

Children of Bodom, same deal as In flames, but up to Hatecrew Deathroll.

Some other old-time melo death bands that I listen to are Shadow(asian melo death fronted by a harsh-singing lady), Gardenian -Amazing 2nd and 3rd albums, Gandalf - great first album, ok second.

Some newer bands that employ melodic death, but add folk touches here and there(which I LOVE) - Ensiferum, Wintersun, Eleuveitie. Some people call these bands viking metal, which is cool, but the melodic death metal influence in these bands is very strong.

Dark Tranquillity is one of my all-time favorite bands, Haven and Projector are my fav albums from them.

Arch Enemy, they've had their ups and downs but overall I think they are amazing, and no one can touch Michael Amott as far as melodic leads is concerned.

In Flames, loved them to death until Reroute to Remain, after that, well, the less said the better.

Children of Bodom, same deal as In flames, but up to Hatecrew Deathroll.

Some other old-time melo death bands that I listen to are Shadow(asian melo death fronted by a harsh-singing lady), Gardenian -Amazing 2nd and 3rd albums, Gandalf - great first album, ok second.

Some newer bands that employ melodic death, but add folk touches here and there(which I LOVE) - Ensiferum, Wintersun, Eleuveitie. Some people call these bands viking metal, which is cool, but the melodic death metal influence in these bands is very strong.
Right on, sorry I left out Gardenian.:headbang:

Here are some melodic death metal bands to check out.

Be'lakor
Blood Stain Child
Disillusion
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Insomnium
Kalmah
Skyfire
Suidakra

Demon, remember we met at PPUSA VIII out on the street? Well, are you comin' down with Odin's Court to the C II C show on 2/02? I hope so.

Yeah dude, I remember meeting you! Unfortunatly, I won't be coming down for C II C :mad: Gotta save vacation time & money for all the things going on later this year! You never know though, theres always the last minute chance to make it!

Yeah dude, I remember meeting you! Unfortunatly, I won't be coming down for C II C :mad: Gotta save vacation time & money for all the things going on later this year! You never know though, theres always the last minute chance to make it!
OK, understood. See ya at PUSA IX! Are you way stoked to be finally seeing IS live like I am?:kickass:

Anybody into this scene? I am!
Bands such as the following, and many more:

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Holy Moses
Children Of Bodom
Soilwork
Gardenian
etc.

I can only take this style of music so long before I get a headache or it all sounds the same.

I have a couple of Soilwork CDs that I kind of like. I saw In Flames live and they were okay. The audience was scary, though.

My favorite band of this genre is Dark Tranquillity. I have every one of their CDs and love them -- especially their last three (Damage Done, Character, and Fiction). To my ears, the "death" never overshadows the "melodic" when it comes to Dark Tranquillity. I think they would have made a worthy addition to the PPUSA line-up. If Amorphis qualifies, I think Dark Tranquillity does, too.

Overall, though, I'm not a fan of death metal vocals -- especially not when they're relentless. Occasionally interspersed with clean vocals, maybe. But an onslaught of death metal vocals turns me off.