Melodic Metalcore (Solo_C + AD + SVX)

Barnacle

Jun 12, 2009
QLD, Australia
Hey Guys, Im kinda new to mixing and recording. I've been getting help from Ryan and Gareth when they are on UG. Any way:

Guitars: Epi LP Custom EMG 81s + Solo_C
Drums: AD
Bass: Cheap Yamaha + SVX
Vocals: Behringer B2

OLD:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans Music/Seans New Song mix 1 3.mp3
NEW: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans Music/Home - Final.mp3

I plan to re string and re record the guitars much tighter, and I have also recently bought a Rode NT1a so we are going to also re do the vocals.

Im mixing on PC speakers...

FAR too much compression on those drums. That and the typical AD pumping that seems to happen no matter what you do and its just nauseating.

The rest doesn't sound TOO bad. The guitars have way too much lows, and I can't hear the bass guitar at all. The hats also stick out of the mix way too much, turn them down a lot. And the singer.. well, vocal lessons would help a lot.

Yeah what Morgan said...I think that the drums are the biggest problem too.

Don't you have the chance to replace snare and kick (at least)?

Rest sounds pretty nice...even though that's hard to judge because of the drums.

What are you using for your synth-stuff by the way? ;)

Ok, I'll spend time working on my drum sound.

I'll need to re record the bass. I kept it quiet cos there was so much bad noise in it. even after using a gate.

Synth is just the poizone 2 vst.

post some stuff when you've fixed the drums.
don't think that you need to replace the snare and kick, just get control over the massive compression going on there
a pitty that the singer falls from time to time and doesn't seem to be that secure, the song's vibe is reallly nice, and also the singer fits well...just some tones sound not that right.

and yeah, at the end you can hear the mentronome^^ was that on purpose? :rofl:

Yeah, Im gonna reduce the compression tomorrow. Its getting late here now.
When we record it with the new mic, were gonna try and get every line spot on. He has enough time to know the melody now. Should give different amp sims a go also.

Yeah, I was trying to get feedback, then the pickups picked up the metronome, I think it sounds cool.

yeah the drums are better now
is there already bass in it?
k if u like the metronome at the end...i think it kind of ruins the end but if you dig it its ok i guess^^

That snare sounds REALLY thuddy... I would prefer if there was a tad more snap/crack to it.

Drums overall are kinda buried. Guitar tone isn't bad at all.