Melodyne Direct Note Access - !!!!!!!!

i meant to pick this up but i had a question i want to get it as a plug in. does the plug in hae the same features as the full version? i was thinking maybe the full version is a standalone app and the plug in is the same thing but needs a host thus being a plug in.

That's pretty insane. What would the world be like if the technology was available to break apart everyone's mixes and, for example, steal samples? If that technology ever develops, I don't see how it could be prevented. I definitely wouldn't like it.

Holy shit, What Melodyne product does this come with?
The question "Could you do that again?" will rarely be asked in future...

edit: nvm
"Q: When will Direct Note Access be available?
A: Direct Note Access will be available for the first time in Version 2 of Melodyne plugin"

meedee? anyone else notice that?

anyway, i program hip-hop as well as record metal, and now no sample is out of bounds for my productions. amazing. i don't think top 40 chart stuff can get much worse, autotune was pretty much all people needed, so i'm not too scared about what people will do with this in regards to quality of music.

While this is incredibly cool and amazing...and I can't wait to get my hands on it...(I'm going to sound like a reactionary old fart here)...I also kind of miss the 2 inch tape/24 track days when you actually had to be able to play your stuff. Ben, I completely agree with your quote from gearslutz.