Melodyne Essential

crillemannen

Jun 20, 2007
www.studiohaga.net
Howdi,

So i want to invest in melodyne cause i think its the superior tuning alternative out there. Looking at their site Essential is only 99euro and that would be awesome to get melodyne for that price.

So my question is, is Melodyne essential enough or do i need one of the more expensive alternatives?

Product Comparison

I've got the essential version. I'd like to have advanced editing, the User-definable scales and Save as MIDI file features that assistant provides. I'd say go with the second one. It's €199.

If you have ProTools you might actually have gotten a license for Melodyne Essential with it. I know I had, not sure if it was from PT8 or 9. It's not installed by default but you have a code and with it you can download and register Melodyne Essential. I used it a bit, then upgraded to Assistant which was real cheap, and has much more functionality so I'd "+1" going for Melodyne Assistant.

I mean, it's an one time buy and it's a really useful tool. You should save more money to go with the assistant IMO.

Polyphonic mode/DNA is amazing. It vastly improved a terribly out-of-tune guitarist I recorded with. I highly suggest it, but it's only in the full Editor edition