mental disorders in the music industry

need a band, and need to figure out how to start playing guitar again, i can't find motivation (i know it aint an excuse, its just how it is)

How about you post some old music? We can tell you if you suck ass and are wasting your time or not.

People saying you are great may motivate you.

it won't answer your question, but I know so much people that have been diagnosticated bipolar, scizophrene, and wasn't in the end, and lost parts of there life not getting the treatment that fit them, because of f***** doctor's ego don't knowing how to do a real diagnostic, that I wan't to ask you:

Ok you're depressed. Lot's of people are, and there's treatments with good results that exist. But do you do some incredible/mad things like running nude in the street without a reason (unlike being drunk and lost a bet with friends), wake up a day and decide to become the new best soccer player of the world and go to the first stadium to train for the final match that will be played this night, or do you want to fly or to open a restorant the hours after...etc Do you have such originals and stranges behaviors??
Lot's of time doctors don't know you enough to see all your behaviors in 30 minutes of interview and set the diagnostic that your bipolar because you just say "sometimes I feel better and want to find a new job, have a better life and build a family, find someone, but after that I can't do it for real and and be depressed again..." That's absolutly not the same things!

Just want to add that my fiancé is psychologist using emotionnal, behaviors and cognitive kind of therapy and this is for me the most effective/complete kind of therapy that exist, even if it depend a lot of the psychologist. I've studied and help her in her studies, so I know some things (obviously not everything!) about psychology and where this science is right now.

im a walking fuckup and more mix work is coming my way the more i do.
ive had some nasty depression for a few years now and it hasnt fucked with my ability to get mix work. the more mixing i do, the more work comes my way and the more my rates go up. my depression and the slew of other things that are "wrong" with me dont account into my career.

just do what makes you happy, everything else be damned, anyone can get where they want to be with enough hard work, it's just when you're depressed it makes the work a little bit harder.

OK, just read your last post. a bit slow to wright in english.

Anxiety, social anxiety/phobia can be treated by the therapy I described.
Even if it's dna favorised, you can learn how to control yourself, I mean control you feelings, with for example exercise of breathing with your belly etc... (there's many but don't know them well, but I'm not psychologist!)
It's kind of "yogy" things... breathing like this push on some nerves that relax you.

it won't answer your question, but I know so much people that have been diagnosticated bipolar, scizophrene, and wasn't in the end, and lost parts of there life not getting the treatment that fit them, because of f***** doctor's ego don't knowing how to do a real diagnostic, that I wan't to ask you:

Ok you're depressed. Lot's of people are, and there's treatments with good results that exist. But do you do some incredible/mad things like running nude in the street without a reason (unlike being drunk and lost a bet with friends), wake up a day and decide to become the new best soccer player of the world and go to the first stadium to train for the final match that will be played this night, or do you want to fly or to open a restorant the hours after...etc Do you have such originals and stranges behaviors??
Lot's of time doctors don't know you enough to see all your behaviors in 30 minutes of interview and set the diagnostic that your bipolar because you just say "sometimes I feel better and want to find a new job, have a better life and build a family, find someone, but after that I can't do it for real and and be depressed again..." That's absolutly not the same things!

Just want to add that my fiancé is psychologist using emotionnal, behaviors and cognitive kind of therapy and this is for me the most effective/complete kind of therapy that exist, even if it depend a lot of the psychologist. I've studied and help her in her studies, so I know some things (obviously not everything!) about psychology and where this science is right now.

I know what you mean. I haven't done those things, but I have done things that are very irregular to me. Most of the time its stuff that would kill me if fucked up, its when im manic I just go into a self-destruct mode. I have done alot of stupid things im not proud of when like that, but it seemed correct at the time.

As for drs, I have a few over the years and I definetly know about their egos. I've left mid session when they start ranting, I've declined certain doctors from past experience with them, but I have had a couple that Ive stuck with for many years, they seem to agree that it is Bipolar

im a walking fuckup and more mix work is coming my way the more i do.
ive had some nasty depression for a few years now and it hasnt fucked with my ability to get mix work. the more mixing i do, the more work comes my way and the more my rates go up. my depression and the slew of other things that are "wrong" with me dont account into my career.

just do what makes you happy, everything else be damned, anyone can get where they want to be with enough hard work, it's just when you're depressed it makes the work a little bit harder.

That's right, you should be able to work technically, it's just that you need to feel good again, and that need training to know yourself physically and mentally, find bad habits you have, and learn to see as much positive thing as the negatives things you're attracted by. (don't know if my english is ok to say that well!)

Ok, just continu to work with them, i've not said this to discourage to go see someone, as soon as they listened to you for real and don't give you to much drugs, when not needed. They are here right now to help you so continue as long as you feel you learn something from them and evolve.

About this self-destruct mode, that's not a bipolar problem, that's because you're desperat and don't have any solution; a least you can't see one, there's always solutions, but you need to work to find out what's wrong with you. I think that you history about being social phobic is a major thing to work on. Ask your psy to work on how to have affirmed behaviors and not passive/aggressive behaviors that will isolate you from other people.

you know, being in such suffering for long time as you have had, can lead to want to destroy things yourself inclued, and that's a normal reaction that everyone would have. You're probably not mad at all; in fact lot's of social phobics are very affraid of being mad, and that's the worst thing for them as it makes them run into the vicious circle of over analysing every feelings/emotions/thought in a bad point of view, whereas they need to simplify and calm down themself, thinking of cool thing, enjoying life. And that can be learned but won't come done.