Mercy Falls - Greatest album ever?

Mercy Falls and Scenes From a Memory, form Dream Theater are my favorite albuns for sure.

But there's something that Mercy Falls has that makes a huge difference: Tommy Karevik.

I never heard a vocalist that passes so much emotion in his voice! It fits perfectly in the album content. Tears For A Father, for example, makes me want to cry T_T

I don't know if "Mercy Falls" is the greatest album ever, but it's one of the best album ever in the progressive rock/metal genre, that's for sure.

Here's my top 5 prog metal albums. They are all amazing and i cant tell you which is number one.

Mercy Falls - Seventh Wonder
Tales From The Soul - novAct
Phlegethon - Kingcrow <-- pretty new release, check it out if you havent
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Train Of Thought (althought it's tough between ToT and Images and Words.. but ive always been a fan of DT's heavier side.)

but i mean its not really fair to only have a top 5 when theres so many good albums out there

God I love this album.... DEFINITELY in the top 5 of all albums, and #1 for now! I found Seventh Wonder on YouTube actually by watching Circus Maximus videos.... and as soon as I watched the "Making of Mercy Falls" video I bought and downloaded Mercy Falls without hesitation. At first slightly skeptical as I listened to it, I quickly realized that I couldn't believe that EVERY single song was stellar. They're all keepers, every one. No album that I know of meets this litmus test.

Based on my most recent ranking of Top 5 Albums, I say they are:

1. MERCY FALLS
2. Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche (this one holds a special place and will ALWAYS be in the top 5)
3. Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater
4. Isolate by Circus Maximus
5. Tyranny by Shadow Gallery

Shout outs to Ghost Opera by Kamelot, Images and Words by DT, Snowfall on Judgment Day by Redemption, Phlegethon by Kingcrow, Judgment by Anathema.