Mercy Falls has leaked...

rock_band.gif
mercy-fan.gif

Hi,
I am new here. I am one of those who d/l your album from the net. I have never even heard of your band before, but some guys were very laudative about your album so I wanted to give it a try. I want to tell you that prog metal was and is not my cup of tea. But the result of the download was...that today I ordered and payed the album through the guys from Lion. Want I wanted to say is that You shouldn't be afraid about the leaking, because the album is so damn good that it will just be available to a lot of guys like me who otherwise wouldn't even think about your band! And now I just love it and i can't wait to have it.

Me too I also downloaded the album onto my HD ... a few days ago. I already have Become and WitW and I cannot wait until 12/09 :ill:

Today I placed my order ...
This email confirms that you have paid Lion Music (...@lionmusic.com) $42.50 USD using PayPal.

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: Venturia - Hybrid CD
Quantity: 1
Total: $18.50 USD

Item Name: Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls CD+DVD
Quantity: 1
Total: $18.50 USD

Cart Subtotal: $37.00 USD
Shipping: $5.50 USD
Sales Tax:
Cart Total: $42.50 USD

Mercy Falls is another Wonderful album ...

By the way, any plans to release this CD in Japan ?

Salut à GhOsT et Marc :)

I already checked out the leaked one, too - but I have to tell you: I've never been THIS impatient to buy a CD!! It is so unbelievably breathtakingly brilliant!!! :worship: Can't wait to flip through the pages of the Special Edition!!!

Amazon still doesn't have the album listed... :Smug:
Well, I'll have to order it from LionMusic then.
I guess I will buy three of them! One Special Edition for me, one Special Edition for my girlfriend and one regular edition for my CD collection. (That'll make up for two downloaders who don't buy the original!
icon10.gif
Not to mention the fact that I'll drive everyone around me crazy until they buy the album, too! :heh:)

I already got 4 people to buy the album - and I started an advertising-thread on the official Ayreon-forum.

I will most definitely buy the Special Edition 9 times! One for my brother, one for my girlfriend, one for 6 of my metal-loving-friends and - of course - one for me.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

And that's not a joke, I'll post the order protocol as soon as it's done!
icon12.gif

I just don't want you guys to stop making this brilliant music (SW, that is)! :worship: :lol: (Okay okay, AND I'll get an extra payment next month, too, so I can afford it gladly!
icon10.gif
)

That is just awesome, SonataFanatica!!

I'm buying three (ok, it's not 9, but hey...): 1 for home, 1 for in the car and 1 to give away......don´t know to whom yet :p.

That little sentence Andreas mentioned in an earlier post about next SW albums had me worry a bit - we can´t let that happen.
I can´t describe what their music meant and means to me. I know i sound like a fanboy right now but hey, let´s face it......that´s what i am.
SW is everything i ever searched for in music. Every aspect i love about music and metal can be found in the songwriting. The awesome sound, the way the songs flow, the melodies, the voice.......well, you get the picture.

In my opinion Lion Music has to support their artists as well, they have some responsibility too. Spend some money and let Seventh Wonder tour. More people should be aware that SW is one of the best (prog)metal bands in the world......get their name out on the streets!!
A perfect example is Symphony X. After ´Paradise Lost´ they started to tour a lot more (one with DT and another ´three-band´ tour with Circus Maximus and Dreamscape) and i have a feeling that more and more people got to know them......mind you, ´Paradise Lost´ was their 7th studio album!!

Incredible!!!

I went to a CD shop today in Milan, because I wanted to know when I could find Mercy Falls in stores and their answer was....from September 26th!!!

Too late, too late...:OMG:

I guess I'm gonna buy it somewhere on the web, Jeez...I just can't wait!!!

Andreas,

Im not sure how you all manage to keep your finances in check. How do you find the time to pay bills and tour and write?(this is precisely why piracy should be outlawed and you should sue the site that has your album for free download. THAT IS ILLEGAL)

I understand that Tom is a professional firefighter as well as musician and you mentioned that you deal with ICD implantation in hospital.

I hope that your manager and band continue to promote the band. The quality is top notch, and the world requires more SW albums to come.

Zach

I have to admit that I actually downloaded the Mercy Falls and instantly loved it. Yesterday I ordered both Waiting in the Wings and Mercy Falls from the label. I also have to say that I would have never found this great band without the help of internet. I usually download albums before hand and then, after a listen or two, I buy them, if they are good. In this case, Mercy Falls was unbeliavable, I have never ever liked a concept album at the first listen, but after hearing this, I just wanted more.

As a student, with limited amount of cash, I'm happy that I have a chance to preview some albums before making a desicion about buying them. Since, there are not that many good (in Mercy Falls case, excellent) albums out there, so you really need to know that you ain't buying something that is completely useless and feel completely ripped-off.

There was also talk about reviewers not giving enough time for the album. I actually first noticed Mercy Falls through a finnish metal website (imperiumi.net, which is the biggest in it's kind, I think). Reviewer gave an album rating 10/10 and compared it to Operation:Mindcrime and Scenes from a Memory as a concept album and named it also the best album of the year 2008. So this materpiece has at least had some impact in Finland and I'm hoping it will receive good sales figures in here. At least it deserves to. Of course, nobody wishes it be the last Seventh Wonder album, but I think that after Mercy Falls, lot of people are already expecting the 4. Seventh Wonder record and I'm fairly confident that you guys have a privilage creating more awesomeness :headbang:

On the sidenote, even though swedes sucks at hockey :heh: They excell musically. Awesome stuff and hope to see you in Finland for a gig :kickass:

Ha ha -oh you brought up hockey you little bastard!! :devil:

Me olemme mailmaan paran jääkiekomaa! Niinkö..?

On a serious note:
-I wrote what I have to say about downlaods in another thread here on the board and I don't think I wish to comment on it further.
You guys are more than welcome to discuss it here but remember to keep it civil if you do.

Cheers!

Ok, my first post here. I''ve just finished listening to Mercy Falls and have only one thing to say: this is gonna be a milestone like DT's "Images and words". Yes, I've d/l it like many, many other albums from other great band's- but I gotta tellya; I've never bought so many albums since it became possible to use peer-to-peer (torrents,dc etc). This has open a brand new world, never before has it been so easy to look up what a band sounds like. And yes, of course I've rejected a lot of band but now and then I come across band like Seventh Wonder - and all because of PTP. My point is that it isn't all bad with PTP, it can also be a like a promotion for a band that doesn't have the same promotion-budget like Britney Spears or other "suckers". Will I buy this album? Yes, of course, this is something you don't wanna listening to in a good stereo with a bad samplerate like mp3. Keep on rockin in the free world! :headbang: