Mesa Mini Recto

I found the "metal" clip to be very disappointing. They never seem to get the right idea for what to play. Quick riffing would be nice. Otherwise, the blues rock clip was a good tone I thought, and the clean was good.

to be fair... i think that *modern metal clip* sounds just fine... I mean, it's direct without a TS.. the strings ARE shit/ old, probably terrible micing.. but it still sounds ok. And looking at the settings *which I normally would never use like that on a recto* I think the amp has some fucking potential! I might make use of my Mesa endorsement and ask the local guys to send one out to trial or some shit! :)

Sorry dude, I spoke to the US guys and they took care of it, but it's officially through the Australian leg/ distro guys! So my endorsement is all handled by Pro Audio in Australia. The main team won't actually be the ones dealing with it unless you're touring like 4 days a week and have a massive repertoire :p You're in the US so I don't know who you'd go through sorry :(

I wanna hear this thing go against that Orange Dark Terror...

...but at the end of the day, I really don't care much for anything with less than a 100W on tap. They sure are cute but IMHO serve no purpose on a stage or studio. Unless the stage is like, 4 wood pallets in a hole in the wall club type setting. Cool to have but I'd rather spend the money on another "proper" amp.

They serve no purpose? How about power tube saturation at reasonable volume levels? Or having a significantly lighter amp for gigging with compared to a 100w head? Ok it won't hold up against a really loud drummer unmic'd, but most gigs amps tend to be mic'd and put through the pa. So as long as it's loud enough for you to hear yourself onstage it should be ok.

The Krank doesn't have EL-84s, it has 6L6s.

Sure, the JCA can pull it off, but it requires a boost so it doesn't sound so flubby and muddy and the right cab to not sound boxy and tiny.

To be fair we use tubescreamers in front of almost every amp around here. So saying an amp is no good because it needs a tubescreamer in front of it is kinda a moot point surely?

They serve no purpose? How about power tube saturation at reasonable volume levels? Or having a significantly lighter amp for gigging with compared to a 100w head? Ok it won't hold up against a really loud drummer unmic'd, but most gigs amps tend to be mic'd and put through the pa. So as long as it's loud enough for you to hear yourself onstage it should be ok.

To be fair we use tubescreamers in front of almost every amp around here. So saying an amp is no good because it needs a tubescreamer in front of it is kinda a moot point surely?

+1

8/10 shows I play the amp gets miced and the PA does the loudness.

For metal stuff you dont crank the amps either in the studio.
A 5150 sounds best between 2-4 but goes up to 10 or something

I' personally never heard one of these minis to sound nowhere near as good as a good 100 watter. Why bother with things that sound inferior? Cause it's lighter? Not really convincing me there, the day I can't lug my 4x12 and head is the day I go on to gardening.Power tube saturation? Sure, but for Metal I see no reason for it. At least the amps popular around here never really introduce any at any volume point (99% of the gain comes from the preamp and NFB)

Now taking pre orders on the mesa site. I really like the clean on this amp also, in fact i like all the clips except for the modern metal

to be fair... i think that *modern metal clip* sounds just fine... I mean, it's direct without a TS.. the strings ARE shit/ old, probably terrible micing.. but it still sounds ok. And looking at the settings *which I normally would never use like that on a recto* I think the amp has some fucking potential! I might make use of my Mesa endorsement and ask the local guys to send one out to trial or some shit! :)

Hmm it'd be fucking awesome to be endorsed by Mesa since we play Rectos/Mark IV/5150..... Let me guess, you have to gig out like 4-6 nights a week and basically play over half a years worth of shows to qualify?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYS_xgcFM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Think I will wait and see what these things can do for $599
1 to 100 watt Varipower