MESHUGGAH FUCKING RULE!!

melvintillius

Nov 9, 2005
I'm loving Catch 33 soooooo much. I know there was a thread about this several days ago or something like that, but I just had to share. :kickass:

Yep :)... my favourite song of Meshuggah is Terminal Illusions...

:kickass: I don't need religion, god bless no one :kickass:
:kickass: Me and my own opinions are written by me :kickass:
:kickass: You surrender, under mass hypnosis :kickass:
:kickass: Bound to illusions produced by your... God!!!! :kickass:

More like CADAVEROUS MASTICATION!

How many of the judges place a bet on me?
What's there to be?
MORIBUND IRREVERENCE
What's there for us in this deranged society?
Inanity
CADAVEROUS MASTICATION

SATURDAY
They have saturday
SATURDAY
Now it's saturday
SATURDAY
They have saturday
SATURDAY
Now it's saturday

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mumblefood said:
One of my favorite metal bands surely. Not only are they completely in their own realm, but they sound good doing it :) Catch 33 is just unreal if you've got the time to sit through the whole thing loud in the dark. I died a death.
wow!canadians all have really good taste in music! i Have never met one who didnt!... :kickass:

Maybe someone could recommend an album for someone (me!) who has never been able to get into this band. I have only heard random songs from random albums and it always sounded rather boring and samey to me.

So what would be a good starting point, album-wise, that I could once and for all base my verdict of whether or not I like Meshuggah on.

CAIRATH said:
Maybe someone could recommend an album for someone (me!) who has never been able to get into this band. I have only heard random songs from random albums and it always sounded rather boring and samey to me.

So what would be a good starting point, album-wise, that I could once and for all base my verdict of whether or not I like Meshuggah on.

I posted a few weeks ago after buying 'I' saying i was pretty disapointed with it.. but I gave it time and now i fucking love it.. seriously get that, and be prepared to probably hate it when you first listen. Give it time, its probably my favourite piece of music right now :D

Meh. I bought "Contradictions Collapse" in '91. Got bored after a listening to it a few times. Haven't been interested in listening to anything from them since then. Is it worth the trouble checking out their new stuff (didn't find any samples on their homepage)?

Stilgar said:
Meh. I bought "Contradictions Collapse" in '91. Got bored after a listening to it a few times. Haven't been interested in listening to anything from them since then. Is it worth the trouble checking out their new stuff (didn't find any samples on their homepage)?

Contradictions Collapse sounds absolutely nothing like anything they released following it. That's basically just dumb thrash metal. Try getting the songs "Future Breed Machine" and "Concatenation" and "I" and if you hate those then just give up :D

Stilgar said:

oh yah man, they are their own thing now. there is no other band like them. check out catch 33. it is definetely a tough listen. it is very slow moving and droning. for me to enjoy this album, i have to completely immerse myself in it. its a turn-off-the-lights-and-listen-to-the-entire-album album.

also, check out chaosphere (if you can find it).

with each album, they progress. not a single one of their albums is similar in style. well, they are all recognizable as meshuggah...but...you know what i mean.

CAIRATH said:

Knowing you are also into some minimalist and ambient music, I would go with Catch 33. It's not catchy, it's not even THAT headbangable, but it has this atmosphere to it that sounds nothing like other metal, not even doom. It is hypnotic... puts you in a bit of a trance. Listen to it the way you do your ambient music, and listen to the whole thing. Catch 33 really doesn't sound near as good if you listen to the chunks.

While i think C33 is the best album they have done, albums like Destroy Erase Improve, and Chaosphere are also very good, but for different reasons. These ones are actually heavier, and make you want to smash about :p For me these albums feel like a buch of angry cyborgs comming back in time to destroy things. haha. I is kind of a bridge between this "normal" style and the more hypnotic style of Catch 33. It is certainly one of their best as well.

One thing I'm disappointed about is their conversion to using PODs on Nothing and the following releases. To me the PODs sound like complete, 2d crap compared to those fantastic dry sounds they pulled from their rectifiers in the past.