Metal 2015

Discovered today that Disastrous Murmur's Rhapsodies In Red has been reissued on cd and lp by Osmose!
Snatched it up immediately.

Anyone else listen to Act of Defiance? Features 2 ex-megadeth, 1 shadows fall, and the vocalist from Scar the Martyr?

Anyways I listened to the whole debut album "Birth and the Burial" and it is fucking awesome. Pretty good Modern Thrash

Last edited by a moderator:
This just came out on Headsplit Records, knuckle-dragging Death Metal.

QTjFKRY.jpg

The Sword were always mediocre at best.

Never said they were great, maybe 7/10, or close to 8/10 at their best. But they fit a certain niche that not a lot of other bands do. It was sort of 'socially acceptable' metal, metal you could show off to your non metal friends and not have them be immediately turned off by. It could serve as gateway music to a lot of rock fans. At their best they had that classic 70's hard rock vibe which is difficult to find these days. Graveyard was very similar, sucks to lose them both at once.

To me The Sword always sounded like Doom Metal's version of Fu Manchu, I dig Age of Winters though I wouldn't rate them that high at their best personally.
Honestly I never got the hype surrounding them, didn't like Graveyard much either to be honest.

Witchcraft's decline in quality did suck though, as for whatever reason I didn't mind them and their brand of 70's Hard Rock/Pentagram worship.

Somehow that band has survived the drop in quality most 70's throwback bands have suffered lately, good namedrop man!
I loved their latest.

cool! seems to have slipped under the radar mostly.

i also dug the wedge s/t, electric citizen's SATEEN, the latest admiral sir cloudesley shovell (there's not enough cap beyond worship these days.