Metal 2015

Last two Slayer albums arent bad, and i wouldn't compare them to the two garbage nu metal/groove albums that came before it. WPB has a few very good tracks(Psychopathy Red, Unit 731) and Christ Illusion was actually a pretty damn good album imo.

But yea, there is no Slayer without Jeff imo. And their latest will be nothing more than a download for me.

Yes, im a HUUUGE Obscura fan. One of the best tech-death bands around and already one of my all time favs. Cosmogenesis and Omnivivum are unfuckwitable when it comes to the realm of tech-death.

New Alkaloid is awesome and clearly has that Obscura sound. Definitely my AOTY so far.

I listened to the new Soilwork on my way to work yesterday. Nothing - not a riff, solo, chorus, melody or lyric - stuck out. I don't know why I even bother with them anymore. Atrocious band.

The Phantom is good. I listened to the album again on my way home today and that song stuck out, sure. But...just a little :)

Rumors of Amorphis' demise can be put to rest. Under the Red Cloud sounds really impressive upon first listen and much better than Circle. This is a very cohesive record.

Yes, im a HUUUGE Obscura fan. One of the best tech-death bands around and already one of my all time favs. Cosmogenesis and Omnivivum are unfuckwitable when it comes to the realm of tech-death.

Im not generally into tech death, but I agree that Omnivium is an absolute monster. I havent heard any other tech death (in that style of course) that even comes close.

New Alkaloid is awesome and clearly has that Obscura sound. Definitely my AOTY so far.

I usually avoid modern tech death, but maybe this one is worth checking out.

Im definitely gonna have to check out the new Mgla. My backlog of new metal for this year is huge though.

You don't like Cosmogenesis? Their best album imo.

You should also check out The Radial Covenant, Hannes Grossmanns solo project from last year. A very good album, and has that signature Obscura sound as well ... i think you'll dig it.

Have you heard this ....

Last edited by a moderator: