Metal 2015

You don't like Cosmogenesis? Their best album imo.

It's solid, but I just like Omnivium more.

You should also check out The Radial Covenant, Hannes Grossmanns solo project from last year. A very good album, and has that signature Obscura sound as well ... i think you'll dig it.

Sounds interesting, ill definitely look into it. I have grown to be wary of side projects though, as they rarely achieve the same greatness as the bands they normally associate with.

Yea, ive heard it, definitely their best thing since Leading Vision, and quite a well written epic. I thought Process of a New Decline kinda sucked, and when this EP song came out, I had some hopes that they would actually write another good album. Too bad that didnt happen.

... you should give their last album another shot. I remember not liking it at first too but it was a major grower(like most good tech-death). I understand why some people wouldn't dig Process of a New Decline, i fucking love it though.

Leading Vision is their best album imo.

... you should give their last album another shot. I remember not liking it at first too but it was a major grower(like most good tech-death). I understand why some people wouldn't dig Process of a New Decline, i fucking love it though.

idk, I just feel like they started trying to show off their musicianship too much rather than writing genuinely good music. They just keep losing that smooth flowing style and excellent transitions that made their first two so great.

Leading Vision is their best album imo.

I go between LV and Neurotripsicks, but LV is overall probably better. They also lost a major band member when their original drummer left. All these guys trying to imitate her style are just trying too hard as far as im concerned.

Seriously this debut Act of Defiance album is fucking amazing. Been listening to it since it released and it's soooo good. So many catchy as fuck melodies.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Autopsy is November. Skull Grinder.

Hnnnnfffffff. And no I don't care they're pumping out a lot of stuff. They're still my favorite death metal band ever.

autopsy2sept.jpg

It's supposed to be only 7 tracks long, so maybe that's something for those too ADHD for something like Macabre Eternal?

Macabre Eternal is my least favourite of the new ones, but anyway number of tracks doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be short.

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Autopsy isn't exactly Reverend Bizarre and the album is a single LP, so it isn't too long.

http://hoodedmenace.bandcamp.com/album/darkness-drips-forth

a3615389464_16.jpg

Finland’s HOODED MENACE return with Darkness Drips Forth, their most gruesome work to date. Recorded and mixed by Chris Fielding (Electric Wizard, Primordial, etc) the band employ a new approach on their latest effort, expanding their writing across four mammothly dense tracks that nearly all exceed ten minutes a piece. Cavernous vocals preside over Lasse Pyykko's rocky riffs, while the band’s unshakable rhythmic core provides a grim backbone for the record. The hint of melody HOODED MENACE sought back in their earliest days has fully blossomed into an essential element of the band’s music; Darkness Drips Forth is as melodic as it is devastating and as emotionally disquieting as it is thematically stirring. Funereal, deliberate, and unhurried, Darkness Drips Forth is sure to be an essential acquisition for fans of crushing doom and old-school death metal alike. Hooded Menace deliver a gruesomely glorious treat just in time for Halloween!

credits

releases 30 October 2015

1. Blood For The Burning Oath / Dungeons Of The Disembodied (11:21)
2. Elysium Of Dripping Death (11:33)
3. Ashen With Solemn Decay (9:47)
4. Beyond Deserted Flesh (10:06)

Love Hooded Menace. That being said their Relapse debut was easily their worst album so far so lets hope this is a rebound.

Listening to The Book of Souls on Youtube right now. What is everyone's opinion thus far?

Saw the special edition book version at Walmart today so I grabbed it. First disc seemed solid but I need to listen to both to properly digest.