Metal 2015

"Disturbed ones - The hiatus is over. Over the past year, we’ve been secretly writing and recording a brand new album. Today, we are excited to share a new song called “The Vengeful One” along with a new music video. It’s off our upcoming album called “Immortalized,” which will be released on August 21, and is available for pre-order today. This album had the arduous task of, in some way, justifying the hiatus; giving the fans something that made it worth our time away from one another. We hope that it succeeds in that task. Thank you for staying with us over the years.

Watch our full music video for “The Vengeful One” now on YouTube: http://smarturl.it/thevengefulone

Pre-order our new album “Immortalized” now at http://smarturl.it/DSTImmortalized."

I don't even care what you guys think about them. This was one of my childhood favorite bands to listen too back in the day.

I actually liked a few songs off of The Sickness, but it's pretty obvious that they are just rehashing the same exact sound over and over. The new song was pretty damn weak, but the video was slightly amusing.

My favourite thing about Disturbed is all the fans crying on metal-archives because they're not archived on the site. :devil:

Usually stuff like metalcore and hard rock, but a band like Mnemic for example isnt on there, and it probably should be imo. Some bands get grandfathered in just because some of the artists involved are in metal bands, while other arguably more metal sounding groups sometimes get excluded (trve status be damned). Other examples elude me at the moment cause I just dont care all that much, but sometimes I feel like the decisions to include bands on the site are sometimes arbitrary when it isnt so obvious.

Nu-metal is influenced enough by metal to be included as 'metal' as far as im concerned, but I know most metalheads dont share the same opinion. It being liked by most metalheads or not is besides the point.

But in my experience metal-archives are very accurate.

Mostly, yes, but the exclusions do sometimes tend to be a bit close minded and elitist in nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random factoid: The cartoon in the Disturbed video at the 1:25 mark is from the 5:20 min mark in this cartoon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbU9q-ifAjs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbU9q-ifAjs[/ame]

Had a multi-cartoon VHS tape as a kid and that was on it.

Nu-metal is only similar to Metal in heaviness, I think the criteria for metal-archives is can it be traced back to Metal?
Personally I wouldn't want any of the bands you mentioned on there, but I do think that if you're going to have Deathcore bands on there because one of their albums is more Metal than the rest, you probably should widen the criteria because shit like that is a slippery slope.

But you're right, this shit can get into very boring elitist grounds, but personally I'm fine with the criteria myself.

If you're a fan of Technical/Progressive Metal, absolutely listen to this.

Mendel

Best thing I've heard all month.

I gave the new Luca Turilli's Rhapsody "Prometheus, Symphonia Ignis Divinus" a listen and it's ok I guess. I find there is a little too much going on.

I'm hoping Rhapsody of Fire comes out with a way better album hopefully releasing this fall according to them.

July releases

03.07 The V - Now Or Never
03.07 Chaos Magic - Chaos Magic
06.07 Majestic Downfall - ...When Dead
07.07 Crepitation - The Violence Of The Slams
07.07 Surachai - Heavy Mask
07.07 Craniotomy - Overgorged Flesh Flies Dying Slowly
07.07 Moonlyght - Return To Desolation
07.07 Between The Buried And Me - Coma Ecliptic
10.07 Altars Of Grief - Of Ash And Dying Light [Split]
10.07 Cradle Of Filth - Hammer Of The Witches
10.07 Undergang - Døden Læger Alle Sår
10.07 Bone Gnawer - Cannibal Crematortium
10.07 Debauchery - Fuck Humanity
12.07 Fferyllt - Achanterez
13.07 Defect Designer - Ageing Accelerator
14.07 Immortal Bird - Empress / Abscess
15.07 Kamijo - Royal Blood ~Revival Best~
17.07 Powerwolf - Blessed & Possessed
17.07 Ectovoid - Dark Abstraction
24.07 Zandelle - Perseverance
24.07 Black Space Riders - Refugeeum
24.07 Locrian - Infinite Dissolution
24.07 Trials - This Ruined World
24.07 Indesinence - III
24.07 Symphony X - Underworld
24.07 Lamb Of God - VII: Sturm Und Drang
24.07 Hope Drone - Cloak Of Ash
24.07 Kronos - Arisen New Era
24.07 Joe Satriani - Shockwave Supernova
24.07 Deathrite - Revelation Of Chaos
24.07 Gus G. - Brand New Revolution
24.07 Orpheus Omega - Partum Vita Mortem
31.07 Crown - Natron
31.07 Kataklysm - Of Ghosts And Gods
31.07 Vulvodynia - Finis Omnium Ignorantiam
31.07 A Loathing Requiem - Acolytes Eternal
31.07 Oomph! - XXV

New Lamb of God track. It's pretty different. I never thought Randy's cleans would sound like this, but it's certainly not awful.