Metal 2018

The first two songs on this fucking suck. I preordered the book version of the cd and it has me considering cancelling it.

Man you mad or what. How to Shake Hands is one of their best tracks ever. Gimme the Keys wasn't quite my thing, but the album is going to be fucking amazing.

I'm mad at how shitty that song is. The lyrics are really bad political nonsense that I'm so fucking sick of hearing and they dont flow with the music at all. Sounds like hes randomly shouting over unrelated music. I thought Psychic Warfare was one of their best and I'm already 50/50 that I[m going to hate this.

Reactions: Dak
You're not going to hate this. It's just quite more demanding to listen than Psychic Warfare and Earth Rocker since these two were just simply structured songs that immediately caught your attention. How to Shake Hands rocks. Don't you feel that fucking rhythm? The intro already makes me wet. But maybe I'm biased because they debuted this song live in Poland when I saw them last year. It's perfect in every detail. Lyrics are humorous and catchy too. I also love the video even though I'm not into music videos at all. I'm feeling great about the album, but you know, it's the only band of which I can easily call myself a fanboy. A rare contingency for sure.

Clutch have been treading water for a while now. The new songs sound more like self plagiarism than actual new songs. I used to love this band, but im with Krow on this one. Id cancel a pre-order if I had one.

I've never cared about Clutch but their collaboration beer with New Belgium Brewing was decent.

I'm mad at how shitty that song is. The lyrics are really bad political nonsense that I'm so fucking sick of hearing and they dont flow with the music at all. Sounds like hes randomly shouting over unrelated music. I thought Psychic Warfare was one of their best and I'm already 50/50 that I[m going to hate this.

Agreed. Psychic Warfare was a bit of a return to form and now they done gone and caught TDS.

So any thoughts on the new Immortal-album? I have barely had the time for it but I really liked Gates to Blashyrkh.

After a few spins I can certainly say that you can tell Abbaths contributions is missing, the first Three songs are good but after that the tracks are very repetetive and boring, just like Demonaz solo-album.
But hey, three new good Immortal-tracks is nothing to sneeze at. :)

See I feel the opposite, no Abbath, no bullshit.

Seems like a really good album. I'm going to echo something I read on another forum. Fantastic year for the old black metal guard. Varathron, Immortal, Marduk, Drudkh, and Craft all released badass albums this year. (and Archgoat is inbound)

Reactions: nizzon
That's hilarious because the lone Demonaz solo album destroys anything Abbath did outside of Immortal.

New album is solid but it needs some more spins. I really liked the second half of the album.

That's hilarious because the lone Demonaz solo album destroys anything Abbath did outside of Immortal.

New album is solid but it needs some more spins. I really liked the second half of the album.

Did you listen to it more than two times? Its the same damn song over and over again, I loved it at first, it doesnt last very long.

voivodthewakecd.jpg

01. Obsolete Beings
02. The End Of Dormancy
03. Orb Confusion
04. Iconspiracy
05. Spherical Perspective
06. Event Horizon
07. Always Moving
08. Sonic Mycelium

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/voivod-the-wake-album-details-revealed/