Metal 2020

Posted yesterday on Mystik's facebook-page:

Mystik is born again!
After a hectic year, with a lot of changes, a new era with Mystik is taking place.

We are proud to announce our two new members, bass player Lisen Mattis and drummer Patrick Dagland!
We are now in the writing-process of our second album, and there will also be an EP-release in due time.
Join us, as we change the pace, and follow the raw energy that will come out of this exciting new force.

Sounds like something to look forward to - at least for me.

Reactions: Slammed
I'll definitely be in line to hear the follow up to their first album.

On February 7th we get...

809564.jpg

Which I'm very much looking forward to.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: jimmy101
I feel that Sep's new album will cap off a hat-trick of solid-to-great albums that no-one will take any notice of.

They're quickly becoming my favourite underground band ;-)

Reactions: Grievous
I remember you saying that you didn't like The Mediator very much. What is it that you don't like about it exactly? In my opinion that album marks a considerable upswing in form for the band. Definitely more traditional in its approach to metal, whilst maintaining the experimentalism & world music flavour that we've come to associate with the band.

I remember you saying that you didn't like The Mediator very much. What is it that you don't like about it exactly?.

just about everything outside of a few moments Andreas has. Obsessed is okay but the rest of the album is pretty much thrash. It's watered down groove pretending to be thrash so i can see why you would enjoy it. That seems to be one of your thangs. That band ended for me(and plenty of others) with the abomination that was Roots.

Reactions: CiG and jimmy101
I see what you're saying, but I can't help but thinking that if the exact same music found on their latest releases was used with Max on vocals people would be absolutely gushing over it. It just feels to me that people love to hate on Derrick too much. Whilst they've never come close to touching their material from the 80's, I think their most recent outputs have at the very least been in the same vein as Chaos AD.

Reactions: Grievous
I see what you're saying, but I can't help but thinking that if the exact same music found on their latest releases was used with Max on vocals people would be absolutely gushing over it. .
LMFAOOOOO! yeah dude, im pretty sure their last two albums sound just like Beneath the Remains and Schizophrenia. An yeah, people are just dying to get Max back on vocals :lol:. Did you miss the part where i referred to Roots as an abomination to heavy metal? He was a huge part of their downfall.

But i promise ill give their new album a shot just for you babygirl ;)

I'm not disagreeing with you bro, did you miss the part where I said it wouldn't touch their 80's stuff? And yeah, people are always crapping on about a Sepultura reunion. As I've said before, the majority of the Derrick-era albums are better than Roots IMO.

Of course you should give their new album a go, as any true Andreas fan should :)

no ones taking notice????? HMMMMM, i wonder why????
So for you a "Piece of Art" is only valid if it gains "mass exposure"
or meets a certain sales quota then? I'm just trying to get a baseline
for what you consider "successful"

For me personally I don't really care who the vocalist is, how many
copies it sells or what style of music Sepultura are playing...as long
as I enjoy it...and for me their last couple of albums have been excellent
& I hope Quadra continues that trend.

On Topic:

On January 10th we get...

9edab95016b019f0254b674a83ae49ac.999x999x1.jpg

I Disagree by Poppy through Sumerian Records...

That should be interesting right?

*Looks Around*

Right?

Reactions: jimmy101
So for you a "Piece of Art" is only valid if it gains "mass exposure"
or meets a certain sales quota then? I'm just trying to get a baseline
for what you consider "successful"

For me personally I don't really care who the vocalist is, how many
copies it sells or what style of music Sepultura are playing...as long
as I enjoy it...and for me their last couple of albums have been excellent
& I hope Quadra continues that trend.

On Topic:

On January 10th we get...

9edab95016b019f0254b674a83ae49ac.999x999x1.jpg

I Disagree by Poppy through Sumerian Records...

That should be interesting right?

*Looks Around*

Right?
Are you retarded? I trashed their most "mass exposed"/highest selling album(Roots) and you ask me if they have to sell a certain amount or get mass exposure for me to like them? Do you wear a helmet when taking showers? I clearly pointed out why i think the band is trash now and it has pretty much nothing to do with popularity or sales you fucking idiot. They actually flushed away the quality of their music in order to start catering to "the masses" aka the simpletons(like yourself) with their groovey nu-metal garbage. Jimmy asked why no one here would take notice and i pointed out why, because their music is pretty much dog shit now. I was one of the countless hardcore die hard fans of the band who walked into the record store the day Roots came out and was left scarred. And maybe you should talk about vocalists with the dude who brought them up. Max was my favorite Sep vocalist and i still went ahead and trashed him. Try using your head next time before injecting yourself into one of my conversations.

their last couple of albums have been excellent
Plebs will be plebs.

Reactions: CiG
Are you retarded? I trashed their most "mass exposed"/highest selling album(Roots) and you ask me if they have to sell a certain amount or get mass exposure for me to like them? Do you wear a helmet when taking showers? I clearly pointed out why i think the band is trash now and it has pretty much nothing to do with popularity or sales you fucking idiot. They actually flushed away the quality of their music in order to start catering to "the masses" aka the simpletons(like yourself) with their groovey nu-metal garbage. Jimmy asked why no one here would take notice and i pointed out why, because their music is pretty much dog shit now. I was one of the countless hardcore die hard fans of the band who walked into the record store the day Roots came out and was left scarred. And maybe you should talk about vocalists with the dude who brought them up. Max was my favorite Sep vocalist and i still went ahead and trashed him. Try using your head next time before injecting yourself into one of my conversations.
Plebs will be plebs.
Don't worry...I've learned my lesson...

I won't "inject" myself in anything you do ever again.

I clearly have better things to do with my time than
be insulted by some "chest beating, internet tough
guy"

You win...

Ass-Trophy.gif

:thumbsup: