Metal 2020

I’ve never dig into Psychotic Waltz before but I’ve seen’t them mentioned a ton. What are they like/what’s their best stuff?

News from Scott Weinrich.

Wino says: "Hello friends, fans, freaks! It is with great excitement that I announce to the rock and roll world that I have signed on to the Ripple family and that Ripple will be releasing my next solo/acoustic recording, 'Forever Gone', in early 2020. I think this is the perfect vessel to bring this music to your ears! Thanks all at Ripple Music and thanks to all who believe!"

Reactions: CiG
What are they like/what’s their best stuff?

Classic 90's progressive metal, my favourite album by them is Into the Everflow their sophomore. Can't really go wrong with any of their stuff though (I haven't heard Dark Millenium yet). Very rich sound, at times psychedelic. Just overall pure class.

News from Scott Weinrich.

Wino says: "Hello friends, fans, freaks! It is with great excitement that I announce to the rock and roll world that I have signed on to the Ripple family and that Ripple will be releasing my next solo/acoustic recording, 'Forever Gone', in early 2020. I think this is the perfect vessel to bring this music to your ears! Thanks all at Ripple Music and thanks to all who believe!"
somewhere in Northern Illinois a can of PBR was cracked open and a line of coke was sniffed.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
Looking forward to the new Heathen that is going to drop at some point. According to Exhorder's tour manager, reissues of Slaughter in the Vatican and The Law are coming in 2020 as well.

I hope that's true. Band and producer in the same city sounds positive but was that time long enough for Maiden to record a full album?

I hope that's true. Band and producer in the same city sounds positive but was that time long enough for Maiden to record a full album?
Well, from Brave New World to A Matter of Life and Death they were on an album every three years cycle. The Final Frontier took four years and The Book of Souls five. And they tour rather frequently in-between albums anyway.

I was more thinking about the time they were all together. I don't remember how long they've spent in the studio for each album in recent times but from what I remember reading at the time they were over there it wasn't for that long. At the time they were over there the media was focusing on Bruce and his girlfriend but I thought they were only there for a short time.

Upcoming sonic offerings:

Ancient Crypts - Inhaling the Fumes of a Burning Carcass (Lovecraftian death metal from Chile)

Cult of Horror - Hermetik Heretik (black/speed from Brazil)

Odious Mortem - Synesthesia (brutal tech death from Cali)

Occulsed - Ceremonial Lifelessness (dark death metal from Atlanta)

Ironsword - Servants of Steel (epic metal from Portugal)

Thy Catafalque - Naiv (avant-garde metal/rock from Hungary)

Midnight - Rebirth by Blasphemy (US black/speed obv)

Jordablod - The Cabinet of Numinous Song (black metal from Sweden)

Defiled - Infinite Regress (brutal death from Japan)

Forlorn Citadel - Ashen Dirge of Kingslain (Australian atmo/ambient black metal FFO Summoning apparently)

Worm - Gloomlord (atmo-USBM)

Doomraiser - The Dark Side of Old Europa (doom metal from Italy)

Thoughts Factory - Elements (progressive metal from Germany)

Invictus - The Catacombs of Fear (death metal from Japan)

Coffin Curse - Ceased to Be (death metal from Chile)

Bütcher - 666 Goats Carry My Chariot (speed metal from Belgium)

Reaper - Unholy Nordic Noise (black/speed from Sweden)

Mavorim - Axis Mundi (black ambient from Germany)

Goats of Doom - Tie on hänen omilleen (black metal from Finland)

Tzun Tzu - The Forbidden City (death metal from Australia)

Ironflame - Blood Red Victory (trad/power metal from Ohio)

God Dethroned - Illuminati (death metal from Netherlands)

Gorevent - Fate (slam from Japan)

Necrowretch - The Ones from Hell (French death/black)

Come to Grief - Pray for the End (American sludge legends)

Ensnared - Inimicus Generis Humani (occult death metal from Sweden)

Godthrymm - Reflections (epic UK doom)

Psychotic Waltz - The God-Shaped Void (US progressive metal)

SuuM - Cryptomass (doom metal from Italy)

Invocation - Attunement to Death (black/death from Chile)

Carnal Tomb - Descend (German death metal)

Scalpture - Eisenzeit (more German death metal)

Throne of Iron - Adventure One (trad metal from Indiana)

Raspberry Bulbs - Before the Age of Mirrors (black metal/punk from New York)

Hex A.D. - Astro Tongue in the Electric Garden (progressive doom from Norway)

Exhumation - Eleventh Formulae (Indonesian death metal)

Abhomine - Proselyte Parasite Plague (Floridian black/death featuring Pete Helmkamp)

Stallion - Slaves of Time (German heavy metal)

Banisher - Degrees of Isolation (experitech death from Poland)

Scarab - Martyrs of the Storm (death metal from Egypt)

Solitary Sabred - By Fire & Brimstone (heavy/power metal from Cyprus)

Dexter Ward - III (Greek heavy metal)

Ambush - Infidel (Swedish heavy metal)

Vulcano - Eye in Hell (Brazilian black/death legends)

Pestifer - Expanding Oblivion (tech death from Belgium)

Necrogosto - Ancestral Bestiality (black/thrash from Brazil)

Saltas - Mors Salis: Opus I (death/doom from Sweden)

Tethra - Empire of the Void (Italian death/doom)

Malokarpatan - Krupinské ohne (Slovakian black heavy metal)

Burzum Announces New Album Thulêan Mysteries.
On a recent tweet, legendary black metal band Burzum announces a new ambient album to accompany game-play in the Varg Vikernes crafted Myfarog role-playing game.

Vikernes described the album-to-come as a collection of spare ambient works:

The working title for the next Burzum album is “Thulêan Mysteries” & it has – as the planned song list show (see image below) – a Thulêan theme.

The intention of the album is to be background music for your MYFAROG game session.

It might well work for others situations too…

80008669_249819222653575_8311559715499693710_n.jpg

LUCIFER To Release ''Lucifer III'' In March.
Sweden's LUCIFER are currently busy mixing the successor to 2018’s "Lucifer II", and have confirmed the first leg of 'The Third Commandment - Europe 2020' tour. The band checked in with the following update:

"While we are still in the studio putting the last finishing touches to our new album "Lucifer III", we also can't wait to venture back out onto the stages next year. While we start with touring the Southern US states in January, we will also set out to spread the gospel across Europe throughout spring and fall. We are very excited about the new material, which a lot of it is somewhat horror themed, exploring yet another layer of this beast that LUCIFER is becoming. We cannot wait to draw back the curtain to set these songs free and to finally play them live!"

"Lucifer III" will be released on March 20th via Century Media Records. Prior to that, LUCIFER will play the third part of their American tour and will be joined on those dates by SAVAGE MASTER and OVERDOSE. Stay tuned for more updates.

80085983_1476916589132999_5032366125061505024_n.jpg

Reactions: Evil Dead
I was more thinking about the time they were all together. I don't remember how long they've spent in the studio for each album in recent times but from what I remember reading at the time they were over there it wasn't for that long. At the time they were over there the media was focusing on Bruce and his girlfriend but I thought they were only there for a short time.

They often spend only weeks in the studio for their more recent albums iirc