Metal Alliance tour 2013!

Anyone know what time Anthrax comes out? I have tix to Detroit but have to work - so I'm going to be HUSTLING to get there! Don't want to miss anything....

Keep in mind that the Fillmore is right across the street from Comerica Park and the Detroit Tigers are playing the New York Yankees for home opening weekend. The first game was this afternoon and the Tigers won with three home runs: one by Alex Avila and two by Prince Fielder. The game was over hours and hours ago but the bars in town are still filled with people at 7PM. The game starts tomorrow at 4PM so I expect a traffic nightmare in some ways. Hopefully there isn't any rain delays so that the outgoing traffic has a chance to let off before the show is out.

The day has come...

You better start runnin'
'Cause you know that I'm comin'
Cocked and loaded and I never miss
I'm onto your game
And I'm layin' the blame
And I'm addin' your name to my blacklist​

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from the Detroit show and it was amazing. I have seen Anthrax five times in the last 2 1/2 years and tonight was the best. I have to admit I was faked out too. After ADI/Horror they stopped Among the Living side B and played Got the Time. I thought they were going to skip Imitation of Life but they did then play it after GtT. I was thinking to myself what the fuck? :devil:

Charlie was drumming if anyone is interested and Jon Donais did a fine job. During One World I noticed that Joey had donned a beanie hat so even Rob was there in spirit.

Four of the five bands sounded great the exception being High on Fire. For some reason their sound seemed screwed up and too loud. Municipal Waste kicked ass and had a huge circle pit and more pit action then the rest of the show except during Indians. Exodus was great as well. I am glad I got to see them.

The Tigers won again but the damn traffic from it meant we had to walk 7 1/2 blocks from our car to the Fillmore. On the way into the place I bumped into Todd Evans of Mobile Deathcamp (speed metal band from Toledo). He is a jokester and commented I must have lost a bet because I was wearing my MDC t-shirt.

It was a great concert all around. Heck I have decided I am skipping Mayhem Fest this year for sure because it will not top this and cost three times as much.

So Charlie did or didn't drum? Or did both Charlie & Jon do drums?

I saw Charlie tweeted a pic at the Tigers game, so obviously he was in Detroit.

So Charlie did or didn't drum? Or did both Charlie & Jon do drums?

I saw Charlie tweeted a pic at the Tigers game, so obviously he was in Detroit.

Charlie was drumming. Jon Donais was playing guitar. That other Jon your thinking of is Jon Dette and he didn't play tonight.

I'm an idiot, I keep thinking Jon Dette when I read Donais.

Names are too similar.

Detroit was indeed a lot of fun, in my top 3 Anthrax shows. I was all ready to lose my shit when they added Got The Time and bumped Imitation Of Life into the encore. I really loved One World, Horror Of It All, and Imitation Of Life live. Can't say I thought the same of Skeletons.

Can't wait for NY in a few weeks!

It was a great concert all around. Heck I have decided I am skipping Mayhem Fest this year for sure because it will not top this and cost three times as much.

In all honesty, I bought tickets for both Metal Alliance and Mayhem Fest and I actually paid less for Mayhem. Just depends on where you sit.

I'm sure Metal Alliance will be an overall better show though, but I am looking forward to seeing Rob Zombie.

In all honesty, I bought tickets for both Metal Alliance and Mayhem Fest and I actually paid less for Mayhem. Just depends on where you sit.

Also depends on the venue. In Detroit I paid about $80 last year for my Mayhem Fest ticket and I didn't have great seats. Great seats were close to $200. The cheapest seats period were $60. I believe even for lawn standing room they were charging $30 to $40 last year. My Metal Alliance ticket for last night only cost me $35 and I was allowed into nearly every section of the place plus right up front in the pit. Mayhem Fest in Detroit is held at Pine Knob and there is no pit whatsoever or standing room near the stage. And you can't see shit from the lawn.

Can't say I thought the same of Skeletons.

Really? That would be the song I'd want to hear the most out of all the non-regular live tunes. Did it not go down well or are you just not a huge fan of it?

Really? That would be the song I'd want to hear the most out of all the non-regular live tunes. Did it not go down well or are you just not a huge fan of it?

A little of both. Truth be told it is my least favorite on ATL, but it just didn't quite feel right to me. It was a touch slow, and it just sounded kind of bland. I'm not gonna write it off until after seeing the NY shows though, but it was easily my least favorite last night.

Imitation Of Life is killer live though. Really can't understand why they've never done it before...

I agreed re Skeletons. I think it's a killer song on the album, but for some reason I didn't think it worked well at the Minneapolis show. I'm not sure if it was slower or what, but I had the same gut feeling.

Actually now you guys mention it I think I did see a video online of Skeletons, and did think it was slower too.

Bit of a shame really, cause on record the best part of the song is it's relentless speed.

Houston show tonight kicked my ass and I loved every second of it. Skeletons was noticeably slower, but not terribly so. Same set as recent shows with Got The Time before Imitation of Life. Scott mentioned that after this tour they are going to start writing a new album and will be back touring next year.

The only downside to seeing a band play their best album in it's entirety is that, more than likely, whenever you see them again after that, it's never as good. I'm really glad this tour came to my town.

Houston show tonight kicked my ass and I loved every second of it. Skeletons was noticeably slower, but not terribly so. Same set as recent shows with Got The Time before Imitation of Life. Scott mentioned that after this tour they are going to start writing a new album and will be back touring next year.

The only downside to seeing a band play their best album in it's entirety is that, more than likely, whenever you see them again after that, it's never as good. I'm really glad this tour came to my town.

Good thing I don't consider ATL their best album...