Metal archives down...

No, thier forums are filled with Black Metal Elitist Assholes and half-witted mods who ban you for being a Black Metal Elitist Asshole.

When the archives are down you can do a Google search for "metal-archives BAND ALBUM". Find the correct result and click "Cached" below the link.

Fuck, it's down every December/January.

This and some other forums are a sort of a backup for when it goes down I suppose.

I just re-entered all of my shit into Rate Your Music since I already had an account there. I'll probably keep my metal archives list for a while and update it occasionally.

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server"

Is that what others get, too? Fuck. Im more pissed than ever, since i just had my computer taken away from me for a long time because....And i just got it, and then MA is down.

So, does anyone have any idea when it will be back up?

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server"

Is that what others get, too? Fuck. Im more pissed than ever, since i just had my computer taken away from me for a long time because....And i just got it, and then MA is down.

So, does anyone have any idea when it will be back up?
same error here...
no idea, i didnt find anything about it... looks like they've removed the site completely.... when directly choosing a band's page it sais not found and that shit.. :/
fuckers :err:

I hope the site isn't gone for good, and I don't think it is. I recall in the past there was a time when it was down for about a week. I think there was talk about moving the site to a new server or something. I'm definitely itching for MA to come back up again.

Perhaps if the site gets bought out by Yahoo or Google it can afford a decent server. May be worth putting up with the advertising if something like that were to occur.

Yeah, it was down for ages last year from what I remember. But if you do what kil said last page to view pages it still works, so it's not gone for good.