Metal Bassists...who are your favorites?

As an old school thrash fan, I gotta put Dave Ellefson on the list- im surprised he has been overlooked thus far.

There are numerous...Billy Sheehan, Stu Hamm, Geddy Lee, Steve Harris, Joey Demaio (despite his laughable group, this man is a phenomenal bass-player), and John Myung to name a few...

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Joey Demaio (despite his laughable group, this man is a phenomenal bass-player

He is more a guitar player with a bass, but his style and sound are original.
Yes, he is very good.

Btw, I love Manowar :D

Les Claypool (Primus)
John Myung (Dream Theater)
Steve Digiorgio (Studio-only Vintersorg Bassist and all of his bands he in)
Martin Mendez (Opeth)
Tyr (Touring Vintersorg bassist)
Vortex (Dimmu Borgir)
Eric Forrest (E-Force/Project: Failing Flesh formly of Voivod)
Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
Cliff Burton (Metallica)
DD Verni (Overkill, Bronx Casket Co.)
James MacDonough (Iced Earth)

jawsh (cephalic carnage) funny man in concert, especcially when he had a \m/ that was a mask her wore at a show. hes awesome

Steve Digiorgio
Tony Choy
Sean Malone
Roger Patterson
Mike Flores (Origin)
Martin Mendez
Glen Benton is better than most think at bass.
Kristoffer Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation)
Derek Boyer (Decrepit Birth, Deprecated, live Vital Remains, now in Suffocation)
Chris Richards (Suffocation)
Alex Webster.

Metal bassist(s)...the concept is foreign to me. I thought I was the only bassist. I can't hear many others. As my name implies I was a fan of digiorgio for awhile..until I realized he hardly ever comes through but he can. Over-rated in the same way Cliff Burton is/was. Alex Webster woopdee do so what anyone could do what he does. It just takes lots of grunt work. I would not waste hours of my day to get the speed. Cause alls he has is speed. He can double the guitar wow, not impressed. Atheist has it going on. Mudvayne has it going on. Cryptopsy despite being a good band and I believe the bassit can play from a fewm things like soar vision on and then you will beg. Its really not usually all that audible besides the occational note you hear popped.

Where's Novy!?!

You people are forgeting one of the coolest guys ever! Marcin "Novy" Nowak from Behemoth/Vader. He has some of the greatest stage presence I've ever seen.

Anyways, a couple others are...

Alex Webster - Cannibal Corpse
John Myung - Dream Theater

SADUDE said:
As my name implies I was a fan of digiorgio for awhile..until I realized he hardly ever comes through but he can.

So now you don't like him... because of... the production?

Over-rated in the same way Cliff Burton is/was.

You're a crackass. "Over-rated" my left scrotum stone.

Alex Webster woopdee do so what anyone could do what he does.

You can't, ya schmuck.

i think SAdude ought to record some of his bass playing so we can all see how anyone on the earth can do a cliff burton solo

having said that i always thought that thin lizzy dude with the afro was a good bass player even though hes not very metal
and even though rancid isnt the best band matt freeman is a good bass player too

Terry Butler (Six Feet Under)
Joe Keyser (Skinless)
Nick Dewerud (Spawn of Possession)

mAsk