Metal Bassists...who are your favorites?

Halcyon Dusk said:
So now you don't like him... because of... the production?

No I mean his abillity. Sure he can do the job. WHen he does it right he does it RIGHT. But half of the time its just wandering nonsense. Like he doesn't hear the rest of the band. Quite goofy.

to that dude who said to play a cliff burton solo, if youre talking about anesthesia its not very hard. its loaded with theory, and very good, but any advanced player (such as myself) can play it pretty easy. its still a good solo, but i think it is overrated.

cliff burton-my influence
the guy from MuDvAyNe-i like his slap lines, cool guy
tom araya-damn that guy can play and sing at the same time really well
geezer butler
steve harris

Sean Malone is so much more than a bassist, and i'm glad that he's gone on to more challenging instruments, like the chapman stick.

Those other bassists mentioned are really good too.

Scott Krall (Into Eternity)
Vortex (Dimmu Borgir, Borknager)
Henkka T. Blacksmith (Children of Bodom)
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Steve DiGiorgio
Geddy Lee (Rush)
John Myung (Dream Theater)
Sharlee D'Angelo (Arch Enemy, Mercyful Fate)
Les Claypool (Primus)

John Myung of Dream Theater, Mike Lepond of Symphony X, and. . .and. . .that's about it, really. :erk:

dont remember the name, but the bass player in nightfall is pretty good. Only got the first album, but the bass there is pretty high in the mix.

I'll probably get flak for this, but I always thought that Joey Vera was a reliable, nameless kind of guy that delivered when you really needed him (i.e. bass work on Fates Warning's "A Pleasant Shade of Grey" - quite simple but very effective).

Also.....of course.....my inspiration.....ED BASS!!! Eddie Jackson of Queensryche.

But of course you have to mention Geezer, Cliff Burton, et al.

1. Cliff Burton (Metallica) R.I.P.
2. Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
3. Les Claypool (Primus)
4. Mennock (Susperia)
5. Troy Tipton (Zero Hour/Death Machine)
6. James MacDonough (Iced Earth)
7. Eric Forrest (E-Force/Project: Failing Flesh/ex-Voivod)
8. Tyr (Touring Vintersorg bassist)
9. John Myung (Dream Theater)
10. Martin Mendez (Opeth)

geddy lee owns ye all.

and to the guy who mentioned Johan ex-Opeth...I'd have to agree, I mean, Martin Mendes is a maniac, but the bass lines on the older albums were much more a part of the song than just the bottom end. too bad he split. but then again...Mendes live looks like a troll thrashing around and burning up the fretboard, which is always entertaining.