Metal books

ElectricWiz said:
I page through this often at the bookstore to find out about bands I don't know. Whether or not you agree with the choices is debatable. He calls Master of Puppets the #1 metal album, something I agree with. keep in mind, the results were from a poll actually.....

The Top 500 Heavy Metal Albums of All Time
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...103-1043202-3579048?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

That one's awesome!

I was thoroughly disappointed in Fargo Rock City.... False metal, halfass writing....

Dee Snarl said:
That one's awesome!

I was thoroughly disappointed in Fargo Rock City.... False metal, halfass writing....

Me too. His concept of metal was junk. That guy is a big wig writer for Spin/Rolling Stone etc. now, which says alot I think. His book seemed neither insightful about heavy metal, nor the somewhat deeper socialogical thing he was going for. Lame.

Awesome. Add another notch to North Dakota's bad reputation.:Smug: :lol:

I have one book...The Complete Headbanger's History Of Heavy Metal....or something similar. It was by Ian Christe. It's not a bad book, but not too terribly in depth either.

rokk said:
I personally enjoyed reading
Bang Your Head : The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal

They actually had that one at my local public library, for some reason! Pretty good book.

"The Dirt" gets a lot of hype in the world of metal books. I thought it was a good read, but not quite as shocking as I think it was intended to be.

I have read the "Bang your head" and the "Encyclopedia of Heay Metal" I enjoyed them both. I also have:

Aerosmith, Walk this way. No one here gets out alive (Jim Morrison), The Mammoth book of Sex, Drugs and rock n roll, Sound of the beast; the complete history of Heavy Metal, The story of rock n- roll.

the Mammoth book of sex drugs and r-n-roll was very good, lists damn near everyone and gives stories of the event.

I liked Lords of Chaos ... but thats about the Black metal scene.. only thing that i didnt like about the book was the chapters on politics and religion.. those chapters bored me to death but i read them anyway since i spent the $$ to get the book... but the chapters on band histories etc... were very good...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I liked Lords of Chaos ... but thats about the Black metal scene.. only thing that i didnt like about the book was the chapters on politics and religion.. those chapters bored me to death but i read them anyway since i spent the $$ to get the book... but the chapters on band histories etc... were very good...

I could buy that book. I have heard it good.
But I´m not big fan of black metal.
Well I have read book about Marilyn Manson and say it was good.:kickass:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...002-5188722-0486464?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
And now everyone hate me.