Metal Camp 2008

Who would you prefer to schtoop?

• Total voters
It depends on who will be playing on those two extra days. The RC L.A contingent are planning to trek through the U.K, Belgium, and Italy. So two extra days could be better served towards those touristy exploits than watching a group of 17 yr old Slovenian Crust Sludgers.

I'm not clear on what you're talking about. It's not a five day fest?

Upon further research, I have the same sentiment. Jer - where are you referencing that info about a 3 day fest with 2 extra throwaway days?

This years fest was 5 days with the following headliners:

Day 1 - Sepultura, Dead Soul Tribe
Day 2 - Doro, Dismember
Day 3 - Kreator, Satyricon
Day 4 - Motorhead, Cradle of Filth
Day 5 - Blind Guardian, Immortal

Those were just the daily headliners with plenty of other "relevant" bands on each day.

Are they changing the format next year, and if so, can you provide a link?

Thanks,

Jason

Hard to make sense of that thread, as the critical part of it isn't in English.

If the festival is three days, plus two, that's actually better from my point of view. To Jerry's point, I'd prefer three quality days of music, with more time to explore.

Zod

Edit: DISCLAIMER: I'm no professional translator :p

Dear People,

METALCAMP 2007 is history and I believe that every visting will hold this festival in good memory -- It was HELL OVER PARADISE!

Around 30,000 metalheads from 28 countries spread over 6 days have understood the idea of the headbanger holidays and enjoyed one of the coolest, most relaxed, most multi-culturual and craziest festival of all time and through your presence helped to form a salute to the audience.

Our Slovenian colleagues - who were responsible for the festival production - have suffered a great amount of work. Not perfection, instead brotherliness (with some mistakes there as well) is the target and gives Metal Camp its own character - are the center.

We are already planning for metal camp 2008 - which will be metal camp's 5th anniversary and we want it to be something special.

Here some useful information:
Date for metal camp 2008 is friday 4. July until Sunday the 6th of July.

Futhermore, there will also be HEADBANGERS HOLIDAY tickets - a quasi-upgrade of the MC tickets which for a little money ( 15 euros per day including camping and parking) let you linger for a further 2 days of musical programming, monday 7. July until tuesday the 8th of july.

Main Changes are:

-The Talent Forum Stage will be no longer exist in its current forum.
To make this idea reality, we will have in the future on the second stage daily subject focuses from the genres extreme metal, core & punk

-Further expansion of the BEACHBAR program, with international hot DJs from diverse metal clubs of the European metal scene.

- Further improvement of the catering offers

- Further improvement of the infrastructure

- Ticket limit for 2008 will for the first time be neccesary and will be set at 10,000 per day.

- There will be 2000 limited edition 5th anniversary special fanpacks

- Less expensive early bird tickets/fanpacks will be offered from the 1. september exclusively in the RTN & MC shop

I think those were the most important points, I will keep you all in the loop.

Then I wish you all a nice summer!

The stefan

it is cool to see others like me who prefer the warmth of a nice bed and a shower at the end of each long day.

I always get shot to hell at the wacken forum when I talk about needing a hotel.

camping was okay when I was a teenager in the army.

I probably won't be picking up tickets until at least the new year, I wanna see a lineup and do some research on how much it would cost to get there. :)

The lineup can consist only of punk/crust bands and I'd still go just to be in god damn Slovenia and park my ass at the beach, watch the broads, drink rum, and listen to these metal dj's.

edit - and why in the fuck am I the only one who voted for Lucy!?

hmmm... I'll look into the price. Gotta make sure I can afford it, then we gotta coordinate when we all arrive at the airport so we can travel together. SOmebody bring a giant Royal Carnage logo to slap onto the car

I suspect, that once we determine whose in, a lot of that will fall into place. I'm also guessing that arrivals in Slovenia will vary greatly, and we'll probably end up hooking up at the hotel.

That said, I'll probably be traveling with three other people. I believe we're ready to take the plunge and buy MC08 tickets.

Zod

Confirmed Headliner - Royal Fucking Carnage.

Greg, I too am willing to commit to this fest and purchase tickets in the near future.

The lineup can consist only of punk/crust bands and I'd still go just to be in god damn Slovenia and park my ass at the beach, watch the broads, drink rum, and listen to these metal dj's.

I'm with you,but for the love of Pete, let's pray that there will be no bands of this variety.

edit - and why in the fuck am I the only one who voted for Lucy!?

I'd totally bang the shit out of both Lucy and Ethel. :kickass:

Confirmed Headliner - Royal Fucking Carnage.
:kickass:

Greg, I too am willing to commit to this fest and purchase tickets in the near future.
Awesome.

Jason and I were trading e-mails earlier today. Essentially what we discussed is, buying our tickets, letting everyone know, and then waiting to see who jumps in on the first round. Once we have a sense of whose serious, whose not and who has to wait and see, we know who to include in planning the logistics.

One thing I learned from planning my European vacation last year, was people book well in advance. If you want to get the best flight times and prices, it really helps to lock in early.

As for the hotel, even those who aren't sure, shouldn't hesitate to reserve a room. Typically, hotel reservations can be canceled up to the day before, without penalty. So even those on the fence, should probably do at least that much.

Zod

I have a bit more leeway, since I can take the wonderful environment destroying cheap flights :p

Or the Berlin Drunk-wheeled transport Lines (bus)