Metal Church in their prime.......

:worship: "The Human Factor" is good but just not up to par following in the footsteps of "BiD".

However, as for "Hanging in the Balance"... :puke: I know some like it

Even if BID is their most technical and finest hour, THF has some of the best songs they ever crafted ('The Final Word', In Harm's Way, 'Flee From Reality', 'The Fight Song') .

As for HITB with all due respect is not only a really great album but way better than those with Wayne. I think most people hate it because of the cover without giving the music the credit it deserves. With songs like 'Losers In The Game', 'Conductor', 'Waiting For A Savior', 'Down To The River', 'A Subtle War' (and more) the album delivers nothing but energy to me.

As for HITB with all due respect is not only a really great album but way better than those with Wayne. I think most people hate it because of the cover without giving the music the credit it deserves. With songs like 'Losers In The Game', 'Conductor', 'Waiting For A Savior', 'Down To The River', 'A Subtle War' (and more) the album delivers nothing but energy to me.

I have to agree. I love the album but at first glance of the cover art I was saying WTF?. The songs on the album are phenomenal though.

I gave HitB several spins after getting it 18 years ago, and have re-visited it several times over the years, but my opinion of it just hasn't changed (regardless of the cover :)). Looking back on it again right now, I've always liked "Gods of Second Chance", "Conductor", "No Friend of Mine" and "Little Boy", along with (to a lesser extent) the bonus track "Low to Overdrive"...but that's all.

It does seem that the HitB songs are mostly slower/mid-tempo. Maybe that's what I miss - the cool mix of speed and slower/heavier stuff of the earlier albums...

To each his own :kickass:

I don't know that I agree they should have "hung it up" after the Howe era. The "magic" seemed to be gone and the Munroe stuff paled in comparison, but it was far from awful. They were solid metal releases, just not excellent ones. I don't think the Munroe era tarnished their legacy, but I don't think it added much to it for me.

In general I don't agree with people saying how a band's recent output can "tarnish their legacy"; if the old stuff somehow gets worse for you then apparently you're not listening to the music because that doesn't change (and to be clear this was not directed at Bryant or anyone else). It's the same discussion everytime Queensrÿche releases a new disappointing album.

Back to MC, I too think the 00s albums were nothing special but Munroe did a good job live and I would've liked to see a full length DVD from that era.

The 1999 album Masterpeace (with Wayne on vocals) was better however and has one of my absolute favorite MC songs, They Signed In Blood:

And also worth mentioning is David Wayne's 2001 solo album called "Metal Church" (Vanderhoof was furious about the title and I can understand why) which might be even better than Masterpeace.

Last edited by a moderator: