Metal Favorites

i keep meaning to blitz through everything from NO EXIT onward again though. i did that once but i'm a lot more open minded these days.

Trouble definitely has better riffs than all other doom metal. I was so disappointed initially when exploring doom metal, since my dad already had a fair amount of Trouble on CD but little else. Helps that some of their riffs are almost thrash metal.

Reactions: Baroque
Trouble definitely has better riffs than all other doom metal. I was so disappointed initially when exploring doom metal, since my dad already had a fair amount of Trouble on CD but little else. Helps that some of their riffs are almost thrash metal.

Almost thrash metal? Example if you could.

OK, I like Trouble a lot but come on, man. Candlemass with Well of Souls, Demon's Gate, Solitude and Dark are the Veils of Death? Those easily match their riffs.

Well, Candlemass did pretty much invent epic doom metal and epic doom metal is about as far removed from the intentions of thrash metal as you can get.

Let me listen to the aforementioned tracks.

Album: Entombed -Left Hand Path,Unleashed -Shadows in the Deep.
EP: Sadistic Intent -Resurrection,Crematory -Denial.
Genre: Death Metal.
Band:
Death Metal Album: ^ album.
Black Metal Album: Bewitched -Diabolical Desecration,Absu -Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L.,Bestial Warlust-Vengeance War 'till Death.
Thrash Album: Annihilator -Alice in Hell,Sadus-A Vision of Misery.
Grind Album: Haemorrhage -Emetic Cult.
Sludge Album: Acid Bath -When the Kite String Pops.
Doom Album: Solitude Aeternus -Beyond the Crimson Horizon.
Heavy Metal Album: Mercyful Fate -In the Shadows.
NWOBHM Album: Iron Maiden -Killers.
Power Metal Album: Jag Panzer -The Fourth Judgement.
Core Album:
Least Favorite Band:
Least Favorite Genre:

Saint Vitus is alright, sort of a Not as good Sabbath if you ask me. Overrated but some of their stuff is enjoyable

They're not so similar to Black Sabbath that I think that's a fair comparison. There actually aren't many doom metal bands that sound like Saint Vitus in my opinion, unless of course they're a newer band purposely copying them.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
OK, I like Trouble a lot but come on, man. Candlemass with Well of Souls, Demon's Gate, Solitude and Dark are the Veils of Death? Those easily match their riffs.

I'm not saying that no other doom metal has great riffs, but Trouble wins easily both in quantity and quality. The main Black Stone Wielder riff is the only Candlemass riff I would say is on par with the best Trouble riffs. I prefer Epicus on the whole to any Trouble album, but individually the riffs are still merely good (and some of their best riffs were borrowed from Trouble anyways).

That's true too. Their early stuff was actually pretty genre-bending at least for the time and style; mixed in with the epic doom you had USPM, thrash sections, and even a few death metal riffs, and usually with a prog slant too.