metal food

dragonfu

Father Figure
May 14, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
if you can use fire for other things than lighting a joint or branding your name on someone's butt let me hear what you metalheads like to eat (with recipes if possible). always interested in new foods :D

Shrimpy Jalapeno Buggers

The level of heat depends on the heat of the pepper. These little buggers can burn you mouth so be careful, especially if you're using the merciless peppers of Quetzlzacatenango! Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum.
Ingredients:
18 whole large jalapenos
18 large uncooked thawed shrimp
1 pack / pound of sliced bacon (approx. 18 slices... how convienient)
Tablespoon of jarred, chopped garlic or two cloves, chopped
1/4 pound of grated cheddar cheese
1/8 pound of grated asiago cheese
Clean and devein your shrimp leaving the tail on. Partially cook the bacon in a frying pan, just like you would for breakfast, except only on one side (you don't want it to crisp). Remove from it's fat and put it asaide. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and fine grate a bowlful of cheddar cheese and about half the amount of asiago.
Slice a pocket lengthwise in each pepper and discard the seeds. Into this pocket sprinkle just enough cheddar to line the pepper, but not stuff it. Add a touch of garlic and place one of the shrimp snugly inside the pepper head first with whatever doesn't fit and the tip of his tail hanging out the side. Wrap this funky thing up with a strip of the partially cooked bacon.
Place them all on a greased baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp and the shrimp is just about cooked (he'll turn pink). Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated asiago and any leftover cheddar over the top and melt.

Jalapeno Pinwheels

Better make a lot of this appetizer. It goes fast! Serves about 4 people.
Ingredients:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup pickled jalapenos - chopped
1/2 cup ripe olives - chopped
1 jar (2 oz) pimientos - diced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp's Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce
3 large flour tortillas - 10 inch
3/4 pound roasted turkey - sliced paper-thin
In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, jalapenos, olives, pimientos, garlic powder, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. Mix until cream cheese has a smooth consistency. Spread on one side of each tortilla leaving a 2 inch space at the top of each tortilla since the ingredients creep up during rolling.
Top with turkey slices and roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and cut into 1/2 inch slices.

For me, one of the best ways to have a home cooked meal that's also easy is to use Hamburger Helper then add your own stuff to it. Simmer some onions, fresh mushrooms and bell peppers and put them in there for example. I have also substituted smoked sausage for hamburger at times.

Another one of my faves is stroganoff the beef. We all enjoy that right ? Doh !! I mean beef stroganoff.

I box frozen Tyson beef tips or fresh sirloin tips
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
1/2 C diced onions

1/4 C diced bell pepper
1 garlic clove
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 T soy sauce
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 C sour cream
8 oz. egg noodles

Good stuff.

Bryant

Well, since a lot of my family are hunters, I generally have this first recipe a lot. It's damn good.

Rack of Venison

2 racks venison or lamb
Vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pint lingonberries

Preheat a grill or a grill pan on high heat. Rub venison with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill or a grill pan and cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove the venison from the hot part of the grill and place them on low heat. Grill for another 5 to 6 minutes, until medium rare.

Veal Scaloppine

4 (2 ounce) veal scaloppine
1 cup flour
Salt
White pepper
1 ounce clarified butter
1 teaspoon minced shallots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon drained capers
1 ounce white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 ounces veal broth
Freshly ground black pepper
4 crescents peeled honeydew
4 crescents peeled cantaloupe

Place the flour in a shallow pan and season with salt and white pepper. Lightly dust the veal in the seasoned flour. Saute the veal in clarified butter quickly, until just rare. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the shallots, mushrooms, and capers. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine. Add the lemon juice and veal stock and simmer until the sauce reduces by half. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over veal. Serve with melon fruits.

Nothing better than a few friends, good music, and great munchies. Try this one with some cold beer.

Crawfish Dip

1lb. Crawfish tails or shrimp
1lb. Hot/Spicey Sausage
1lb. Velveeta Cheese
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 onion
1 green pepper
Garlic Powder

Cook and drain sausage. Chop onions and green pepper and saute in butter until tender. In a crock pot or medium sauce pan melt cheese with the soup. Add the crawfish or shrimp, sausage, and onion & green pepper. Heat until warm throughout. Season to taste with garlic powder.

Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips. ;)

Well, since a lot of my family are hunters, I generally have this first recipe a lot. It's damn good.

from www.briansbelly.com
Sweet Pickled Beaver
By Guest Belly Maker Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel

We at The Belly swear that we were surfing one day and found this honest to God recipe on the net (so you know it must be real). We wouldn't steer you wrong, so we verified that you can (snicker) eat beaver and although we admit we've never tried this one, we just had to include it so we could all share in the laughs as you read the cooking procedure.

Ingredients:
1 Beaver, skinned and cleaned
1/2 cup of vinegar
1 pound of salt
2 teaspoons of soda
2 tablespoons of dry mustard
3 tablespoons of mixed pickling spice
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of dry white wine or apple juice
1 cup of pineapple juice
1 juiced and grated rind of a lemon

Wash your beaver thoroughly with salt water, then let it soak overnight in enough cold water to cover, adding 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt to the water.

The next day, remove your beaver from the brine. Wash and cover your beaver with a solution of 2 teaspoons soda to 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Drain and rinse your beaver, then place it in a clean pot. Add water just to cover. Sprinkle mixed pickling spice on top, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.

Drain and rinse your beaver again, pat it dry and place it in a roaster.

Mix mustard, spices, sugar, wine and fruit juices and spread it over your beaver.

Cover and roast your beaver at 325 degrees F. until it is tender (or to your liking), basting it frequently.

Eat Beaver.

Being a big and strong guy, I eat alot ;)
I like to eat alot of stuff, things like steaks, a bunch of potatoes and alot of sauce...
And nice thick Norwegian "Lappskaus" not sure what that is in English...but its alot of stuff (potatoes, carrots, meat, and alot of other stuff I cant remember right now) stuffed in a pot and cooked...
Stuff like pizza, tacos and lasagne is great as well...

Im no cook so I dont have any recepiecs for you...sorry...but my girlfriend makes one killer lasagne, the only thing I know is that she uses carrots in the stuffing...
Sounds weird, but tastes great!

atomic wings.....made from habenero peppers.....they at=re hot...i dont know how ti make them though..i just advise you if you ever eat them not to touch your eye until you wash your hands...cuz it burns...i iknow

atomic wings.....made from habenero peppers.....they at=re hot...i dont know how ti make them though..i just advise you if you ever eat them not to touch your eye until you wash your hands...cuz it burns...i iknow

get some Sudden Death hot sauce. it's rated as the 9th hottest sauce. Insanity doesn't count because it's pure habenero extract and not really a sauce. mix it with some mango, orange, sweetpotato puree, texas pete or whatever you like to give it flavor. the high amount of hab's make it bitter even though it has some other ingredients in it. melt some butter in a sauce pan and pour in the sauce. the butter makes the sauce adhear to the meat. make sure the wings, breasts, shrimp or whatever your using are patted dry. this helps the sauce stick. baste em' down and throw them on the grill or smoker and baste em' when they start looking too dry. they're ready when the meat starts to pull away from the bone easily. also baste down some shrooms, zuc',carrots, ...etc, and grill them.
oh yeah don't forget to put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer :yell:

dragonfu said:
oh yeah don't forget to put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer :yell:

:lol:

I don't know why I thought that was so funny, maybe it's the fact that my family had a reunion a week ago and everybody ate fresh jalapenos. A lot of people started walking funny the next day..

Anyway, the best food for metal I can think of is a cold lager (of good quality) and a slice of pizza. I've been thinking about it since I last posted too.. that's my decision!

dance_with_death said:

I don't know if there is a Zaxby's near you, but it is a wings and fingers chain fast restaurant (Captain D-ish) and they have what they call "insane wings." I always order the hottest wings available at restaurants I go to, so the first time I went there, I ordered those. I'm a pretty tough cookie with hot food, but those things like to have killed me. I had to wipe the sauce off before I could eat them. To be a chain restaurant, those things are pretty brutal.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I don't know if there is a Zaxby's near you, but it is a wings and fingers chain fast restaurant (Captain D-ish) and they have what they call "insane wings." I always order the hottest wings available at restaurants I go to, so the first time I went there, I ordered those. I'm a pretty tough cookie with hot food, but those things like to have killed me. I had to wipe the sauce off before I could eat them. To be a chain restaurant, those things are pretty brutal.

Bryant

yea...atomic wongs are the hottest you can get at restraunts....im guessing atomic wings and insane wings are the same, but just a different name