Metal Hammer, Terrorizer, or Decibel?!

Gina69

Defender of the Faith
Oct 4, 2008
Hi, guys...

You may know how AWESOME is to hold in your hands a frikin' peace of beautyful paper in which appears something about that band you love. About your music, about your world, about your faith: ABOUT METAL!!!!!

It's a stronger sensation, I think, that read about Metal news in the web. I know: That's easier and cheaper... But the paper has its magic, don't ya think?

Anyway...
I'd like to suscrive to the best Metal Mag.

At first I thought bout the Classic Metal Hammer. The bigger, the best knowed... but what about the Terrorizer?!
More underground but good referenced too.
And what do you think of Decibel?! I like it!!!

COULD YA HELP ME PLEASE?!

(I gotta find the best one for me...
I like all Metal, but I'm currently interested in Death, Viking, and Black Metal. Plus, I don't like Kerrang; nor mags that talk about emo music or so)

Which one is the best?
WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE THE MOST??

Metal Hammer, Terrorizer or Decibel?!

I also wanna read some interesting articles and stuff...
But I thing thay all have some pretty good writtings, don't ya?

none, cuz im not a brit! metal maniacs and terrorizer rarely, thats about it..
BUT I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO READ THE INTERVIEWS AND REVIEWS ON ULTIMATE METAL!
~gR~

Metal Hammer is crap. I like Terrorizer way better.

Havent read Decibel.

In general I dont read magazines anymore. I used to subscribe to a swedish metal mag and bought every issue of powerslam but with the years I found out I dont really enjoy reading them all that much. Every once in a while maybe but never every number.

I used to like Metal Hammer as a youngster, then i expaned my tastes to more than just roadrunner artists (though it did have a nice layout & glossy cover) ... these days i haven't picked up a metal mag in ages.

I just get Decibel because I think it's more organized and better presented. I've only read Terrorizer and Metal Hammer though. I pretty much just read band profiles and the reviews which they offer a lot of.

oh, i also used to read PIT, until they went under. the PIT store was located here in the springs too.
~gR~

Thank U a lot!
Well...

I think Decibel (The only American of these)is more inclined to Death Metal and Grindcore... I mean, the Editor-in-Chief is Albert Mudrian, author of the book "Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore" (a good one, and... Contributing writers include former Carcass frontman Jeffrey Walker!!

Instead, Terrorizer had even have Punk Specials and stuff...
But covers more diferent Styles than the other...

Speaking seriously, the olnly thing I like more in Decibel than Terrorizer is that they write... I dunno... FUNNY! more personal and irreverent tone... I just LOVED the picture on the front of the Coming-soon-mag, with Carcass members as "Re-Animator" the movie... AWESOME!

OP, your posting style is bizarre.

I mean, the Editor-in-Chief is Albert Mudrian, author of the book "Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore" (a good one, and... Contributing writers include former Carcass frontman Jeffrey Walker!!

That was the book with the creepy fixation on Napalm Death to the exclusion of all other bands, right?

I picked up a few Terrorizer magazines here in London so far. I find sometimes (it is embarrassing) I don't know what they are talking about. They'll drop some British/English reference and I am left scratching my head. Or they use an unusual turn of phrase and I have to go to my computer to figure it out. I found this recently in their tour report for Paganfest, with Amon Amarth on the cover.

I picked up a few Terrorizer magazines here in London so far. I find sometimes (it is embarrassing) I don't know what they are talking about. They'll drop some British/English reference and I am left scratching my head. Or they use an unusual turn of phrase and I have to go to my computer to figure it out. I found this recently in their tour report for Paganfest, with Amon Amarth on the cover.

Well, thats not strange since they are a british based magazine after all. Im from Sweden so naturally some stuff can be hard for me as well even though I regard my knowledge of english as excellent. But it gets easier with time as well when one get accustomes to the style, wording and phrases.