Metal Image

I personally believe that individualism, rebelliousness and questioning authority are innate and insatiable desires and tendencies in every human being who breathes. I know you think you're pretty wise and have seen a thing or two, and I know that you've seen and done more than I have. And what's more, I respect that; but I'll never agree with you, razor. You think the things you do in life are worth more than the things that I do? You continue to rehash the argument that you've been around, and that that gives you some entitlement over the rest of us on this forum. Personally, I feel sorry for you sometimes.

"I don't think you're quitting because you believe these things you say. I think you want to believe them because you're quitting."

And no one can really blame you; but don't drag the rest of us down.

Man never stops questioning, and he never loses his individuality. That is a natural right of every person on this planet. I know you think people have "too many rights" in this country today. And you can keep shouting that while the panopticon closes around you.

A misintepretation of sorts, not in understand but in deduction of my expression.

In time some things make more sense. But, dont think I havent had my mouth full of rebellion over the years or even still. I've wore myself out on many walls. However, I do not question, when something is fucked, I let it known, no questions, people usually walk away, nothing new to me in that respect. I may apply my efforts to other areas than some, but again these ares of concern change as well.

Its all about understanding, interpretation and being able to see as far as possible around anything that confronts.

I think that people can believe whatever they want to believe. I don't worship anything, but I represent some satanic elements; just because that's what I believe.

When I hold up the Corna, I'm thinking of all the rage and anger brought on to me, whether it be from society, government, anything.

Of course us metalheads are misinterpreted, and that's because the same people who misinterpret are the same people who haven't given metal a chance. So, because of our stereotypical image, they suppose that we all worship satan.

About the whole demons thing; that's just how the pioneers of heavy metal perceived the then-in-development genre. When they listened to metal, they must have pictured demons, black magic, satan, etc. in their head at the time, so that must have been how that started.

MY OPINION: I think that heavy metal and it's genres represent malevolent, evil thoughts when listened to. I also believe that the ruggedness and the brutality of it triggers rage and such. And when we think of angry things, we sometimes picture more wicked thoughts (Or at least that's how I picture it). Maybe metal health's driving me mad, as Kevin DuBrow put it.

I don't really care about the satanism in Metal. Personally, I find it retarded how there are Atheists saying there is no God but saying there is a Satan.

I can't speak for other people, but people will often ask me "Do you believe in God?" and of course I say no. They say "But how can you believe in Satan, then??" Well... I never said I believed in Satan. I don't. To me he's always been just a symbol. And it's more than just "oooh, rebellion! kewl." For me personally, I think people ought to reconsider their presumptions about good and bad. Not as some kind of high-minded plan for any shit, I just think people look at good things negatively. For example, going through "hard times" can make your life a hell of a lot better later on, so where's the bad? Just because something's connations are bad doesn't mean that the literal effect it will have on you is anything but good. Championing Satan is pretty much the easiest way to challenge stock perceptions. Agree or disagree, but either way it makes sense.

I don't think there actually are a lot of atheists going around anywhere saying that Satan exists. After all, The Church of Satan doesn't believe in Satan either. I'm not a fan or Satanism as it pushes far too much of a strict dogma but I do agree with some of its ideas.

It's a cool image. If Slayer started singing about kittens and flowers and everything wonderful about this world they would be essentially much less interesting, if you look at an album cover for a death metal band that's called "Splattered Brains" or "Kill the Weak" (I hope those don't exist, just saying something random) and it has someone being killed and blood everywhere and there are satanic pentagrams everywhere you would be more likely to buy that than something that's called "Wonderful Puppies" or something. Personally, if I want to get myself into a new band, I usually pick the bands with the most brutal names or the most evil looking album art over all the others. So yeah I really don't mind it as an imagery, personally I'm atheist and don't believe in God or Satan so I don't really think I'm "banned" from listening to or watching anything that is anti-christian or anti-satanist so yeah it's basically just a cool characterization which kinda just appeals to me you know?

IMXO,but i find the satanic symbols too stupid.every metalperson had these things.its not original like Thors hammer too...i think,we must look for original and interesting things.metal is not satanic thing.its coming from metalheart to metalheart...
we are not in evli united.we ll are interesting,free and special persons.

IMXO,but i find the satanic symbols too stupid.every metalperson had these things.its not original like Thors hammer too...i think,we must look for original and interesting things.metal is not satanic thing.its coming from metalheart to metalheart...
we are not in evli united.we ll are interesting,free and special persons.

Coulnd't have said it better myself.:headbang:

it's kinda sad that..let's say 'non-alternative' people think of metal music as of something that bad. i guess every genre has its symbol or whatsoever, and an aggressive sort of music like this is expected to have something 'evil' behind it (not that I think of it that way). it's just an opinion of majority and it would be damn hard to try to change it.
just enjoy the music :p

It's a cool image. If Slayer started singing about kittens and flowers and everything wonderful about this world they would be essentially much less interesting, if you look at an album cover for a death metal band that's called "Splattered Brains" or "Kill the Weak" (I hope those don't exist, just saying something random) and it has someone being killed and blood everywhere and there are satanic pentagrams everywhere you would be more likely to buy that than something that's called "Wonderful Puppies" or something. Personally, if I want to get myself into a new band, I usually pick the bands with the most brutal names or the most evil looking album art over all the others. So yeah I really don't mind it as an imagery, personally I'm atheist and don't believe in God or Satan so I don't really think I'm "banned" from listening to or watching anything that is anti-christian or anti-satanist so yeah it's basically just a cool characterization which kinda just appeals to me you know?

That's a very good point. I don't think that's necessarily the only reason for the darkness, satanism and gore, but it's definetly one aspect of it. There are a lot of people out there who have no interest what-so-ever in listening to music that is all optimistic, happy and lovey-dovey. To some, that'd be like watching a movie without a conflict. Death and Satan and gore are just a contrast to the warmth and kindness and God that a lot of artists champion. I think you could apply the same principle to the music of metal compared to the music of middle of the road and lovey-dovey safe artists. There's a million artists out there who have squeaky-clean acoustic guitar strumming and sterile karaoke backing tracks on their material. It only makes sense that some people would want to hear crunching destructive screaming. The contrast doesn't have to mean anything per se', if there's taste for soft crud then there'd likely be taste for gore as well.

amusingly the blues was origionally pegged as cutting a deal with the devil... then in the 50's and 60's parents claimed that with RnR their children were listening to the devils music. It all been downhill since. In many instances with particular bands lyrics its all a matter of principle or a form of attention whoring, "ah, look at us... we're so sick" I listen to what I like and ignore the rest.

metal image is your spirit feeling and the metalclothes when you like .yes i have very much clothes(i must have for my performance) but when you have some deep filings to this music it is more cool,becouse most metalheads,there i know are talented,intelligent and charmant people=)
they are thinking!!!!!its very important..

(Lucifer is such a looser. and this image sucks...to primitiv and without philosophy..IMXO)

God and Satan are not existing beings, they are creations of the mind. this does not mean they are not real, merely that they are not real in the sense that many perceive them to be. They are the two sides of human nature. No matter how good you think you might be, you cannot deny the presence of Satan within you, if you are then you're fooling yourself because if he was not within you you would not be human at all - you would have no soul. Satan is not evil, it is merely indulgence of desires, be they greed, jealousy, passion, anger or lust. We all feel these emotions, and to try and blame them on "Satan" is pathetic, because we made Satan, we ARE Satan.

As for why I like metal, I love it because it empowers and inspires me. I feel strong emotion connections to it. I appreciate the intelligence of metal, and the technical skill the artists possess. But most of all I love it coz it kicks arse and makes me wanna bang my head. FUCK YEAH!!!

Fuck that, I have power and I have rightousness and I only rebel against foolish rebellion and neither "satan" nor "god" are my symbols

I was raised Catholic, but was converted to Christianity at a young age. Until the last year or so, I was under the impression that I had all my beleifs figured out, until I discovered something within myself, I am a Bisexual. After accepting this, a perverbial floodgate opened up where fifty different strains of Christianity were telling me fifty different things. Some telling me I'm going to hell, some telling me I'm not. Some telling me that God can no longer love me, others telling me otherwise. This opened my eyes to the hipocrocy in organized religion. Some told me that I was evil, others told me I was still firmly planted in the "Kingdom of Heaven". I now consider myself an agnostic, still open to the idea but not entirely convinced. Now that I have my religious beleifs out of the way, on to the subject at hand.

I have never felt that metal was a satanic artform. I feel that satanic imagery has always been an important part of heavy metal, simply because it is a very strong image of rebellion, which is the true heart of heavy metal music. Because heavy metal does not shy away from even mentioning satan's name, millions of people call it blasphemous, when these sheep are too blind to see that, if anything, it's doing them a favour. Alice Cooper once said: "Satan's greatest trick is getting the entire world to beleive he doesn't exist." And in their eyes, he most certainly does. I think metal is the purest form of musical rebelluion there is, as it is still the most vilified form of music out there. Heavy metal prefers confront what most people are afraid to, like religion and the line between right and wrong, rather than beat a dead horse and go on and on about what fifty other bands are whining about, like the government (Not that I don't respect rebellion against the government, it's just nice to hear about something else) and "relationships". I applaud heavy metal (obviously) for choosing to be the outsider, rather than the norm. In many instances, satanic imagery simply adds to that. It's an outsider's genre, and it's proud to be so.

I was raised Catholic, but was converted to Christianity at a young age. Until the last year or so, I was under the impression that I had all my beleifs figured out, until I discovered something within myself, I am a Bisexual. After accepting this, a perverbial floodgate opened up where fifty different strains of Christianity were telling me fifty different things. Some telling me I'm going to hell, some telling me I'm not. Some telling me that God can no longer love me, others telling me otherwise. This opened my eyes to the hipocrocy in organized religion. Some told me that I was evil, others told me I was still firmly planted in the "Kingdom of Heaven". I now consider myself an agnostic, still open to the idea but not entirely convinced. Now that I have my religious beleifs out of the way, on to the subject at hand.

I have never felt that metal was a satanic artform. I feel that satanic imagery has always been an important part of heavy metal, simply because it is a very strong image of rebellion, which is the true heart of heavy metal music. Because heavy metal does not shy away from even mentioning satan's name, millions of people call it blasphemous, when these sheep are too blind to see that, if anything, it's doing them a favour. Alice Cooper once said: "Satan's greatest trick is getting the entire world to beleive he doesn't exist." And in their eyes, he most certainly does. I think metal is the purest form of musical rebelluion there is, as it is still the most vilified form of music out there. Heavy metal prefers confront what most people are afraid to, like religion and the line between right and wrong, rather than beat a dead horse and go on and on about what fifty other bands are whining about, like the government (Not that I don't respect rebellion against the government, it's just nice to hear about something else) and "relationships". I applaud heavy metal (obviously) for choosing to be the outsider, rather than the norm. In many instances, satanic imagery simply adds to that. It's an outsider's genre, and it's proud to be so.

well I'm sorry about your confusion when you were younger and being told you're going to hell etc...but it's not really hypocrisy in organized religion...it's the hypocrisy in the people of it, there are some good people in it too.

I totally agree with you on the metal thing. People want rebellion and satan was the next thing for it. Heavy metal is all about rebellion so it's common sense to think that satan would be apart of it. not satan himself lol, but what he represents. Your statement made a ton of sense.

Metal:kickass:

now if only "the rebellious" had a clue what they were rebelling about

regardless that is a very narrow scope of "metal"