Metal Instrumentals?

True....but they very, very seldom PLAY here.

again, true but where is there really anywhere for instrumental prog bands to play other than showcasing at PP. but again they rarely play outside of Statesville area i have heard. luckily i busted their balls enough to come play the label shows up here in NC and they did.

I grew up a Shrapnel junky......love Marty Freidman, Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore, Richie Kotzen, Greg Howe and the list goes on and on. I really dig the insane shredding of Joe Stump....such a Blackmore/Malmsteen disciple! Jeff Kollman is an amazing guitarist....his solo stuff is fantastic, and check out his work with Cosmosquad.....wow. Good stuff!

These are some awesome selections. My picks I'd like to share are:

Manigance - Labyrinthe
&
Royal Hunt - Autograph

Also, I completely forgot about Stride - Music Machine. Didn't they break up or something?

These are some awesome selections. My picks I'd like to share are:

Manigance - Labyrinthe
&
Royal Hunt - Autograph

Also, I completely forgot about Stride - Music Machine. Didn't they break up or something?

Joel will be at ProgPower this year so I'll have to ask him about the status of Stride...

Joel will be at ProgPower this year so I'll have to ask him about the status of Stride...

Joel's coming this year? That's great news. I sure hope someone puts a guitar in his hands at some point. I could listen to him play for hours and never get bored. If he plays anything at all over ProgPower weekend, please let me know. :kickass: :Smokin:

I see Chris Brooks mentioned above. I remember when he used to post pretty regularly over at MP.com and at PerpMotion, and when he first released The Master Plan. Anyone know what he's doing these days?

Kez,

After "The Master Plan" I played in a commercial rock band signed to Sony/BMG publishing but that went nowhere, usual industry big talk, empty promises and failed opportunities that fell through. Went through a tough time financially after divorce, but I've written my next album and halfway through tracking guitars. It should be released 1st quarter 2010 by Axiology Records, the label I'm setting up with a friend.

I've done some guest solos on LORD's last two albums, and Liquid Note Records released a tune called "Unruly Elements" on the Alchemists II album. It's available on I-tunes.

The new album is a lot of fun and I'm learning a lot about being a better producer throughout the process.

Kez,

After "The Master Plan" I played in a commercial rock band signed to Sony/BMG publishing but that went nowhere, usual industry big talk, empty promises and failed opportunities that fell through. Went through a tough time financially after divorce, but I've written my next album and halfway through tracking guitars. It should be released 1st quarter 2010 by Axiology Records, the label I'm setting up with a friend.

I've done some guest solos on LORD's last two albums, and Liquid Note Records released a tune called "Unruly Elements" on the Alchemists II album. It's available on I-tunes.

The new album is a lot of fun and I'm learning a lot about being a better producer throughout the process.

Great to see you here Chris, looking forward to the new material!

Joel's coming this year? That's great news. I sure hope someone puts a guitar in his hands at some point. I could listen to him play for hours and never get bored. If he plays anything at all over ProgPower weekend, please let me know. :kickass: :Smokin:

Joel will be doing a clinic on Saturday, I believe it is scheduled for 12pm in The Loft. I'll find the details and post them ASAP.

O.K. I found the clinic info:

Host: ProgPower USA
Type: Music/Arts - Performance
Network: Global
Price: FREE to everyone (500 person capacity- gold badges & sponsors get first entry)
Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009
Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Street: 1375 W. Peachtree St. NW
City/Town: Atlanta, GA

OnBoard Research, the maker of The Intellitouch Tuner and Beatnik Rhythmic Analyzer, is proud to announce its sponsorship for the artist clinics for Saturday September 12th at the 2009 ProgPower USA metal festival. OnBoard brought the first “touch” tuner into the music product mainstream in 1997 to much acclaim including winning several industry and manufacturing awards. As part of its ongoing dedication to artists and the music industry as a whole, Intellitouch Tuner artists Drew Creel and Joel Gregoire will be conducting a guitar clinic and subsequent “first-time ever” guitar battle as the opening clinic on Saturday, the second day of the festival. Drew is the ex-guitarist of Meyvn and a 3-time winner of Austin’s Best Metal Guitarist award. He has played ProgPower Europe and is currently recording his first album with new band Izrafel with engineer Sterling Winfield (Pantera, Damageplan). Drew has been featured on the websites Chops From Hell and Guitar9. Joel Gregoire is an esteemed graduate of the Musician’s Institute Guitar Institute of Technology (1987) where he studied under several legendary guitarists including Paul Gilbert and Frank Gambale. Most metal fans will recognize his name as as one of the founders and writers for the band Stride which played ProgPower USA in previous years. As a member of Stride, Joel received accolades for winning the Guitar Center Guitarmageddon contest, securing the opening act spot for Bon Jovi, and teaching for the National Guitar Workshop institution.

Also, Beatnik Rhythmic Analyzer endorser Casey Grillo will be the featured drumkit clinician on the same day bringing his respected power metal technique to the festival. As the drummer for the band Kamelot since 1998, Casey has toured North America and Europe extensively over the past few years, including recent summer drumkit clinics in Netherlands. Casey is well-known to ProgPower fans having played the festival in prior years as well as his recording work with Brazilian band Almah and Ian Parry’s Consortium

Kez,

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. Sorry I didn't see it until now. :oops:

I'm VERY glad to hear that you're recording again, and I greatly anticipate the next release. The Master Plan is still a fresh listen to my ears, and it ranks very highly on my "quality of replay" list.

Keep us posted here on the forum about your future material, maybe even a musical teaser here and there. :headbang: