Metal Magazines . . . an update.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Did you know . . .

. . . that Royal Carnage appeared as one of the ratings quotes on the back cover of Terrorizer for a full page ad for Mercury Rain? Apparently RC gave 'Dark Waters' 7.5/10.

. . . that Decibel Magazine sent me a freebie of their first ever issue. What's even better is that the magazine kicks ass. It's basically a bunch of guys that worked for, or still work for, Terrorizer. That means America sort of has it's own version of Terrorizer now. The first issue is very much leaning toward the whole noisecore scene, but I'm not sure if the magazine won't feature a much broader range of metal in the future. Anyway, several of you guys will really like the magazine. I went ahead and ordered a subscription, since my Terrorizer buying days are over (living in the middle of nowhere and everything).

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/

I got the latest issue of Terrorizer (the DEP cover issue), and was sorely disappointed. I think that's it for them.

This new mag sounds cool and I'll check it out, as I kinda need some new taking-a-shit reading material.

I've almost bought a few issues of Negura Magazine, as it looks quality.

Negura looks cool because it covers most bands that the others don't.

MetalWorks from Ireland looks cool, too.

Haha. Yes, well, I do like Arcturus occasionally, but there's no escaping it... Artsy-fartsy is the single most accurate description of that band :p

Nate The Great said:
. . . that Royal Carnage appeared as one of the ratings quotes on the back cover of Terrorizer for a full page ad for Mercury Rain? Apparently RC gave 'Dark Waters' 7.5/10.
:kickass: That rules.

I'll have to check out Decibal magazine, but the one Terrorizer I have is kinda crappy. Pretty good interview skillz though.

I got a flyer with my Moonblood tapes for a mag called Brutallica. Latest issue has Exhumed, Ingrowing, Luciferion, Audiopain, Decayed, Manegram, Detrimentum, Agathocles, Braindance, Paganizer, Malevolent Creation, Dead Infection, Attila Csihar, Carnal Forge, Jane Schuldiner, Summer Breeze (gay name!), Serpens Aeon, Cadaveria, Torture Killer and more. I haven't listened to a single one of those bands, only heard of about free, but it comes with a free sampler CD so I'm gonna take this chance to broaden some horizons!

I did a trade with a guy last summer who added some free print zines with my CDs. Fucking awesome, totally amataur jobs but that didn't matter shit! I loved them! I sent off money to get a copy of one that had been interviewed, but the mag never arrived :rolleyes:

Got an email from Negru this week. He gave me some updates on NB, and other general stuff.

Negura #5 should be out Oct/Nov ... he is still seeking bands to be on the compilation CD that accompanies each issue. If you have a band, or know of one that wants to be on it .. please PM me and will send you details. It is something that there is a minimum fee for, but there is good distribution for the magazine, so the exposure is good.

Ayeka said:
I got a flyer with my Moonblood tapes for a mag called Brutallica. Latest issue has Exhumed, Ingrowing, Luciferion, Audiopain, Decayed, Manegram, Detrimentum, Agathocles, Braindance, Paganizer, Malevolent Creation, Dead Infection, Attila Csihar, Carnal Forge, Jane Schuldiner, Summer Breeze (gay name!), Serpens Aeon, Cadaveria, Torture Killer and more. I haven't listened to a single one of those bands, only heard of about free, but it comes with a free sampler CD so I'm gonna take this chance to broaden some horizons!

I did a trade with a guy last summer who added some free print zines with my CDs. Fucking awesome, totally amataur jobs but that didn't matter shit! I loved them! I sent off money to get a copy of one that had been interviewed, but the mag never arrived :rolleyes:
Summer Breeze is a festival, duhh!

Hey!!! I got that Decibel issue in the mail too! I got it a few weeks ago but it has been lying on my floor since then, lol. I still need to go through it briefly( I'm not big on metal magazines because in general they all suck). Anyways, I was wondering HOW THE FUCK they gpt my name and sent me one?????????????????