Metal/New-Age link?

Dark_Jester

Unrepentant sentient
Jan 26, 2002
Lookout mountain
Visit site
Hey, as some of you may know, I'm one of teh new guys round here, and I was just wonderin how many of you have ever listened to New Age kinda music, say like Enigma, Mike Oldfield, maybe Enya or somethin else. Thing is, that type of music was how I got into the whole Dark Tranquillity scene, i.e. the blend of contrasting vocals and guitars. Was searching the net and happened across the Century Media website, stepped from Enigma to The Gathering, and from that intro into Dark Tranquillity. Anyone else wanna share how they were first introduced to the genre, or Dark Tranquillity in general?
Just curious...

well I love some of Oldfield's stuff, and Enya's works are pretty decent too.....but just the other way round here....I got into them thanx to metal (specially oldfield who was versioned by Blind Guardian and Blackmore's Night)

I am really into Dead Can Dance and a lot of bands on Projekt records like: Love Spirals Downwards, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Lycia....etc....if you have not heard these, check them out all similar to what you have mentioned and very good.