Metal Recommendations

TheProdigy

New Metal Member
Feb 5, 2007
I've always been a huge Hip Hop head. Mainly Old School shit because the mainstream radio play garbage is pathetic and a disgrace to the true artists. I've never listened to Rock or Metal although I like to listen to some metal when I'm pissed. The only metal artists I listen to are Disturbed and Marilyn Manson because I really do not know where to start with any other artists. I'm not into screaming shit where you can't understand what the fuck there saying although I like hardcore shit. I don't mind screaming at all I just like to understand what there saying. So I'm basically looking for albums to check out similiar to Disturbed and Marilyn Manson, some heavy metal shit. What are some albums that you would suggest?

Charon - The Dying Daylights
Blaze - Tenth Dimension
RaHoWa - Cult of the Holy War
Scissorfight - Mantrapping For Sport And Profit

hard to think of shit with intelligible lyrics. that's all I got.

I've always been a huge Hip Hop head. Mainly Old School shit because the mainstream radio play garbage is pathetic and a disgrace to the true artists. I've never listened to Rock or Metal although I like to listen to some metal when I'm pissed. The only metal artists I listen to are Disturbed and Marilyn Manson because I really do not know where to start with any other artists. I'm not into screaming shit where you can't understand what the fuck there saying although I like hardcore shit. I don't mind screaming at all I just like to understand what there saying. So I'm basically looking for albums to check out similiar to Disturbed and Marilyn Manson, some heavy metal shit. What are some albums that you would suggest?
Huh.
I guess Rage Against the Machine, for sure. Also, try Kreator - Enemy Of God. Not rap-like, but the vocals are usually pretty rhythmic.

You might like the Gothenburg melodic death stuff:

In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
At the Gates
Soilwork
Seconding IF and Soilwork. The others are stuff you'll get into eventually, but for now IF and Soilwork will probably be the easiest to get into. Try Come Clarity and Clayman by In Flames and maybe Stabbing The Drama by Soilwork.

Some accessible bands for you:
Judas Priest
Down
System of A Down
Metallica (early)
Pantera
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Black Sabbath

if you like rap then i think you may like a song by stuck mojo called metal is dead. here it is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_8erMl17_LI#GU5U2spHI_4 convieniently uploaded by me :D. any opinions?

is arch enemy gothernburg? i dont really know what that is but i like all the bands you mentioned.

No, Arch Enemy isn't usually lumped in with the Gothenburg sound because they came after it was established. They share similar characteristics, but they weren't pioneers like In Flames, At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity.

@OP: Also, if you're into rap, you might try some of Samael's more recent material. They tend to lean in a more industrial/rhythmic metal style, especially on their releases Reign of Light and Solar Soul. Also, their vocals sometimes remind me of what black metal vocalists would sound like if they rapped (but in an awesome way). :headbang:

is arch enemy gothernburg? i dont really know what that is but i like all the bands you mentioned.

Not usually considered Gothenberg, but definitely influenced by the Gothenberg sound. If you want more melodic death metal bands there's a couple threads on it, just use the search function.

Trad metal, doom, thrash, and black metal. Not exactly everything.
Also try: Avantasia, Tad Morose, Morbid Angel, Death

Good Pantera: Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power
Don't bother with the rest unless you really like those - Trendkill and RtS are good, but if you don't like CFH and Vugar you won't like 'em.