Metal Recommendations

No, Arch Enemy isn't usually lumped in with the Gothenburg sound because they came after it was established. They share similar characteristics, but they weren't pioneers like In Flames, At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity.

yeah i really like those bands a lot :D

i should check out ggothernburg, sounds like my type of music :D

I think you'll like it. A lot.
Best stuff to get:
Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
Dark Tranquility - Fiction
In Flames - Subterranean
In Flames - Clayman
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul

This will give you a grounding in both the old school Gothenberg and more modern gothenberg sounds, both of which kick ass.

Because I'm American, and Americans do things the American way.
Actually, it's random...sometimes I spell it with a "U." In English you can do either.

Or,if you want to be a real hipster you can say Göteborg.

I´ve always hated In Flames and Dark Tranquillity,Eucharist deserve twice the praise.

I'll outline one of my biggest problems with Reroute:

The song Dark Signs; well, the opening riff is absolutely killer. It's fucking awesome. Then, all of the sudden, in the chorus he goes all "emo." It's one of the worst choruses I've ever heard. For me, Reroute portends to be a great album, but then falls far short in its execution.

The song Dark Signs; well, the opening riff is absolutely killer. It's fucking awesome. Then, all of the sudden, in the chorus he goes all "emo." It's one of the worst choruses I've ever heard. For me, Reroute portends to be a great album, but then falls far short in its execution.

that's the problem with a LOT of their later songs

just looking through the library, "Borders and Shading", "Dial 595-Escape", "Metaphor", are all slick riffs that just don't amount to anything. And "System" is a nice hook, but the rest is utter rubbish.

I have the same problem with rock music--you get like a nice riff or hook, then the whole song flops, they interrupt that as they diddle about in a verse... it's like they can't string together a good -song-, but just need an excuse to use the good fragment they came up with, and that other shit just fills up the rest of the time.

I'll recommend he buys The Jester Race first from In Flames, shortly followed by Whoracle.
That would work too. There's no wrong order if you stick with the first 5 albums.

The Mind's I as well.
The Gallery makes the Mind's I redundant.

That and Skydancer are the only DT disc's I haven't heard
Get the Skydancer/Of Chaos And Eternal Night reissue, it's great.
I really like Reroute.
Epic fail.
Whoracle is the best that band did though.
Mildly epic fail.
I own all of In Flames' material except the Subterranean EP
That's their best release, tbh.

It only has 2 songs that are even mildly interesting. That's my problem with it.

that's the problem with a LOT of their later songs

just looking through the library, "Borders and Shading", "Dial 595-Escape", "Metaphor", are all slick riffs that just don't amount to anything. And "System" is a nice hook, but the rest is utter rubbish.

Yeah, the chorus to system is epic. The rest of the song is total crap. Basically, most of Soundtrack and Reroute is just crap. CC is better.